at BMDI Software in Bristol
(₤28000 - ₤45000 per year)
Full-time salary: £28k – £45k DOE
Location: Central Bristol or Remote (must have experience working remotely and be able to come to the Bristol office on a regular basis)
BMDI is a specialist software consultancy that works across a range of industry sectors; including but not limited to music technology, messaging, VOIP, security and encryption, telecommunications and emergency services. We are a highly specialised team of inventors, creators and thinkers, combining art and science to create unique mobile and web applications for forward-thinking brands.
BMDI is in an exciting period of growth so we require another highly-skilled iOS Developer to join our team. You’ll be helping us to build and establish our new service offering, as well as working on our existing projects. The majority of our projects are innovative and creative, and we work with some world-class clients, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to dig deep into the iOS frameworks and explore new technologies. We love to work together and share our knowledge between the team, and collaboration is at the core of everything we do, so you’ll be working closely with all of our internal team and many of our clients’ team members. This is a really exciting opportunity to get in early at an ambitious, successful and rapidly growing tech startup. Join us in designing our future.
● Software development – creating mobile applications for iOS platforms
● Support – using tools and systems that support the software development process
(source control, unit testing, continuous integration etc.)
● Collaborating – working directly with the product team, the project management team,
clients and other stakeholders
● Research and development – investigating new technologies and building prototypes
and demo applications
● Timekeeping and reporting – ensuring all work is reported accurately using the
company’s internal systems and processes
● New business activities – scoping work, estimating, inputting into project proposal
● Create innovative and unique mobile software products.
● Plan and execute projects effectively.
● Continuously develop your technical skills and understanding.
● Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the iOS SDK.
● Take ownership over your personal and professional development.
● Represent the company and maintain the highest professional standards.
Minimum 3 years experience of mobile software development, which can be evidenced by applications live on the App Store. You should be able to demonstrate detailed knowledge of the following:
● Swift and Objective-C
● OOP principles
● MVC and other code architecture designs
● Interface builder and programmatic layout
● UI layout – auto-layout and size classes
● Storage – Core Data and other iOS data stores
● JSON and XML
● Memory management
● An understanding of audio and music technology.
● Core Audio experience highly desirable.
● Experience and knowledge of a specific technical niche: embedded software, DSP, 3D,
video, games, security and encryption, web technologies, AR, VR etc.
● C and C++
● Knowledge of Android, cross-platform mobile or web development.
● Knowledge of other programming languages – Python, JS, Ruby etc.
Minimum 3 years experience in a professional software development environment, ideally at an agency.
Bachelor level degree, or above, in Computer Science or other technical field. Special consideration will be given to those who do not meet this requirement but have a strong portfolio and significant professional experience.
● Excited and passionate about new technology and how mobile technology is changing and enabling society.
● A stickler for detail and adamant to understand technical subjects at the deepest level.
● Ambitious – driven to succeed as a technical expert and a core member of the business.
We operate in a fast paced environment, so you must be up for the challenge. The business is growing quickly, so there will be plenty of opportunity for you to progress your career with the business.
● Enjoys working collaboratively.
● Flexible approach to changing priorities.
● An inventor, creator and thinker. A creative and a challenger. Above all, a professional.
1) Send an email with the subject “iOS Developer”.
2) Include your CV or send a link to your LinkedIn profile.
3) Include a summary of why you would be ideal for the job. Tell us what you are passionate about in technology and any projects you’re currently working towards.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Original post: https://bmdi.co.uk/ios-developer-job-spec/
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.