at Pitchup.com in London
(₤45000 - ₤65000 per year)
We’re a multi award-winning team expanding the online bookable campsite and holiday park market where only 30% are bookable online. And we want another expert to join us.
Pitchup.com is the market leading online booking site for campsites and caravan parks, with over 2,800 sites available in 39 countries, including the USA, and plans for further global expansion.
More Brits go camping and caravanning than holiday in Spain and Greece combined, and the market is booming as Brits switch to domestic holidays. Now, we’re expanding into Europe and further afield.
A Deloitte Technology ‘Fast 50’ winner in 2016, Pitchup.com receives up to 85,000 visits and 1,800 bookings per day. The company is profitable and was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com staff with a background in the holiday park sector.
Cool stuff we’ve done recently include developing our award-winning mobile site and advanced compare tool. Behind the scenes we’ve built some pretty nice features to help campsite owners manage their vacancies and encourage them to sign up.
We’re based at The Light Box off the Chiswick High Road (nearest tube/train Gunnersbury, Kew Bridge) and are a lively friendly team with bags of experience. We want someone similar to join us – is that you?
What you might be working on:
- adding geo features such as new points of interest and time-based search
- group bookings functionality to determine the optimal combination of pitches offered
- growing our euro-denominated business to capitalise on the European market
- testing and personalising our site
- optimising our marketing channels
- taking further steps to maximise speed and stability
- experience working with an application backend like Django or Ruby on Rails
- strong smartphone and tablet experience
- good sql experience (ideally PostgreSQL)
- keen to get involved in a hands-on way, suggesting new ways forward for the site and enjoying coming up with new feature ideas
- a fan of agile working practices – you get things done
- a quick-on-the-uptake problem solver
Backend stack: Python / Django / Postgres / Celery / nginx / S3
Salary: £45,000 – £65,000, dependent on experience. Benefits include pension match up to 3%, critical illness cover, group income protection and Vitality private medical insurance.
Some remote working is possible, and some on-call evenings and weekends may be required.
Visit our Glassdoor page at https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Working-at-Pitchup-com-EI_IE983519.11,22.htm to read reviews from current and former members of the Pitchup team.