Senior Mobile Developer - Build something meaningful
at DoctorLink in London
(₤60000 - ₤80000 per year)
Do you enjoy creating a mass-market mobile product? Starting from zero, defining the frameworks and patterns, working closely with product managers and designers to bring a comprehensive solution to many complex problems to market? If the early years of a startup is what gives you energy, continue reading.
We are a small team of experienced entrepreneurs, with a significant investment from a premier investor, taking on one of the biggest challenges of the 21st century: The healthcare industry. The part of the industry that touches people’s lives directly using modern technology, that helps them get care when needed and gives them peace of mind during some of the least fun moments in life. We can’t say too much about it, but we are fundamentally changing the face of the experience you have in primary care.
You are a top mobile developer and you built and launched many apps before, bringing concepts to live in a beautiful and simple ways. You’ve been there and done that — many times. You know the hundreds of gotchas of building modern mobile apps, and more than a thing or two about building cross-platform apps. You can balance engineering excellence with the business and product needs. And, you do it fast, really fast.
This opportunity is not for the faint-hearted. A lot of responsibilities will rest on your shoulders, and the expectations are high. You’ll be jump-starting the mobile development, working closely with the backend engineers, product managers, and designers to deliver exceptional execution on our shared vision and helping us build the team.
What we expect from you:
- You have a formal education in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, or equivalent (in place of that, you acquired those skills after many years of on-the-job training, working with other extraordinary software engineers).
- You are a proficient and exceptional Mobile Developer.
- You are pragmatic and don’t overdo on abstraction, testing, and processes, but you understand the value and trade-offs.
- You are experienced with native iOS (Swift or Objective-C) or native Android development, and their respective SDKs, toolset, etc.
- You’ve done at least one app with React Native, and you have a good sense of what’s good and what’s bad about it.
- You mentored or manage other mobile developers and work well with other engineers.
- You can use design tools if needed to get what you want.
- You are detail oriented and have great empathy for end-users.
- You have very good written and verbal English communication skills.
What you’ll get from us:
- Work with talented individuals, where you can learn from and teach each other.
- Accelerate your career by ten years in just three!
- Great freedom to be the best that you can be (and become better): flexible hours, access to whatever devices & software you need.
- Work on a meaningful product to help people, doctors, nurses, and more.
- Work in the heart of London in a very cool office space.
- A top of the market salary and compensation package.
We are firm believers in the value of diversity and equality at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
This position is based in London, and we work at a fantastic co-working space in Oxford Circus. We are not interested in remote workers, contractors, or working with recruiters. Your compensation will be above market (we saved the money we’d pay a recruiter and bump up your salary), and you’ll get many other real benefits.
We are biased by competency, action, kindness, collaboration, speed, and modern approaches and look forward hearing from you.