HSSMI is looking for a Data Scientist that can hit the ground running on current and future projects. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with machine learning techniques and keep up with technological changes with a chance to influence the underlying technologies used. You will be working in the Data Analytics for Resource Efficiency (DARE) team and be expected to contribute to new ideas, help with new research bids and be prepared to adapt to changing business needs whilst picking up new skills on the fly. Everything we do is in an effort to support the UK manufacturing industry. The world is currently experiencing its fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0) - data is a big part of this!
You will work with a small, yet diverse, team and in a relaxed atmosphere at our London office. You’ll get the freedom to express your creativity and opportunity to put forward your own ideas. The job may also require you to work at our customers’ premises.
Part time candidates will be considered.
• Degree / PhD and 1+ years relevant work experience
• Python, Scikit-learn and application of machine learning algorithms
• Good foundation in inferential and descriptive statistics
• SQL and some knowledge/understanding of NoSQL databases
• Good written and spoken English
• Ability to communicate complex ideas to a non-technical audience
• Can work Independently and in a team
• Highly motivated and ability to promote the use of data science to stakeholders
• Ability to write high quality technical reports
Desirable/Bonus (Anything here would be a big help)
• Experience in working with funded UK/EU projects (e.g. Innovate UK)
• Experience with solving optimisation problems
• Familiarity with data engineering
• Data visualisation and tools such as D3.js
• Experience with TensorFlow
• Provide links to showcase work that you are proud of
The High Speed Sustainable Manufacturing Institute bridges the gap between academia and industry. Our collaborative approach delivers leading edge research and technology, in all projects and programmes we look to deploy innovative technology and new processes. This is all with the singular aim of improving the efficiency of UK and European manufacturers and their value chains. Find out more at: http://hssmi.org/about.
• Company profit share scheme
• Health insurance
• Employer pension contribution
• A chance to work on the latest research projects and collaborate with leading universities and OEMs