*Who are we?*
Mallzee is the UK’s leading multi-retailer fashion shopping app, and the original ‘Tinder for Fashion’. The app helps people find, compare, save and buy clothes quickly and easily from hundreds of high street retailers. This approach now sees tens of millions of products rated every month.
Based on this success in early 2017 the company launched a series of B2B insight products; Product Intelligence - helps retailers better understand the real-time performance of their existing product ranges to make informed merchandising, marketing and stocking decisions. Product Future enables retailers to predict future best and worst sellers prior to ordering stock, helping them significantly improve profitability.
Founded in Edinburgh in 2013 Mallzee has raised 4 rounds of investment and grown to a team of 23 based at our city centre offices. We’ve picked up a range of awards from leading tech publications, been featured in press articles around the world and seen Business Insider select us as the 3rd hottest startup in Scotland.
*What’s our vision?*
Our vision is two-fold; our award winning personalised shopping app is already recognised as market leading and we will continue to iterate on this to constantly deliver the best user experience. We’re now working with industry leading retailers to help them improve their marketing, merchandising and buying functions using the tens of millions of product ratings generated every month.
In the coming years, Mallzee will change the apparel industry by moving brands and retailers past gut feel decisions by bringing consumer preferences into the heart of their decision-making processes.
We aim to do this with a forward thinking, fun loving and collaborative environment where all voices are heard. Across the company, our focus is on building a global tech business that everyone is proud to work for and that changes an industry that desperately needs help.
*The Role – Data Analyst*
Mallzee is dedicated to making the best user experience a reality for consumers whilst at the same time harnessing the unique data generated to revolutionise the retail industry. As a Data Analyst, you will be working with multiple types of data generated within the organisation, from user generated event data from our user database to marketing campaign information, to sales data. Your mission will be to constantly improve data quality with measurements and statistical analysis. You will have a thorough understanding of data modelling and an eye for feature engineering and validation.
You will be working to revolutionise how retail operates by understanding the effects of this data on user behaviour and the retail industry as a whole and applying this learning to the products Mallzee produces.
We are specifically looking for someone that is a strong communicator to complement our team with a deep knowledge of statistical techniques and modelling frameworks.
*What are we looking for?*
* A numerate degree - Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent
* Experience dealing with large data sets and the challenges they provide
* Strong knowledge of Statistics
* Statistical testing of experiments
* Attaching errors to metrics, validating relevance of results
* Modelling dependencies and analysing multivariate datasets
* Working knowledge of Machine Learning techniques
* Ability to understand and run regression analyses, classification tasks, clustering techniques
* General Python proficiency
* Solid experience with the PyData stack: Scipy, Pandas, Jupyter
* Experienced in SQL
* A passion for data science and its impact/presence in the industrial world
* NLP/Computer Vision - General knowledge/quick grasp of unstructured data techniques for text and images
* Coding abilities and general tech
* Ability to quickly grasp other languages
* Knowledge of noSQL databases
* Github savvy, quick to learn tools and methodologies
* Team player. Cooperation is key as we are a very close team
* Fast learner, not afraid of not knowing things and be comfortable with saying so
* Eye for quality and attention to detail
* Organised. Documenting work with the whole team
*What do we provide?*
* Competitive salary
* Team breakfast every Monday
* Yearly team retreat
* Training budget
* Central and well kitted out office
* Fizz Fridays
* Continual development and exposure to multiple parts of a fast growing tech company
Please send your CV including a brief introduction to yourself, a link to relevant projects you have worked on and a bit about why you want to work with us :)