Software Development Engineer - Paid Internship
at Wluper in London
(₤20000 - ₤28000 per year)
We are looking for a passionate and creative Software Development Intern to join our team in London.
As part of our development team you will work alongside Engineers who are experts in areas spanning from Machine Learning to theoretical Mathematics and other related areas. You will be responsible for designing system architectures and selecting best development solutions as well as leading the launch of product features. You will be involved from concept, all the way through deployment, working closely with the team and taking part in the complete project life-cycle.
You have a deep interest in Machine Learning and NLP but your main skills lie in software development and quick prototyping, where you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design and architecture. The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and committed to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills.
We are building an intelligent personal assistant for navigation and transportation and are backed by Jaguar Land Rover’s InMotion Ventures. Come join us, together we will work on one of the coolest and most innovative fields of technology in the recent years.
- In the second last or final year of a B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency in modern programming languages such as C/C++ or Java
- Knowledge of a modern scripting language such as Python
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies
- Strong attention to details, inventive, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Enrolled as a M.S. student in Computer Science or related field
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions
Python, Java, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Scala, Amazon Web Services, Web Scraping