*Welcome to the challenge of your lifetime!*
"Lifebit Biotech":http://www.lifebit-biotech.com is a young, promising start-up with the mission to enable breakthroughs in science, R&D, and medicine. With this mission and our unique technology, we have received many distinctions and market interest.
We are building the operating system of genomics; the most advanced smart framework system that powers computers, clusters and clouds to effectively analyze genomic and bio data and turn them into actionable insights. LifeBit's unique combination of machine learning, high performance computing, easy and scalable deployment, containers technology, collaborative automation, and continuous integration provide tangible advantages to researchers and bio data experts who wish to generate real-time genomics applications.
If you are interested in joining a company that will offer you not just a job, but an exciting adventure in building the most advanced and impactful applications, interacting with bright people, and being part of a movement that is positively changing the word, then Lifebit is the place for you!
As our main developer you will be working on building a genomics platform that will be facilitating genomics and bio data analyses, as well as easier interaction and collaboration among scientists working on a wide range of projects and research topics. The platform will bring together various applications and technologies. It will be heavily based on a range of machine learning algorithms.
Here are a few of the interesting things that you will be working on:
- Developing platform management components for bioinformatics data
- Managing hundreds of cloud instances
- Browsing through large genomic datasets and multi-gigabyte files
- Writing original UI components
- Developing machine learning tools for cloud and desktop
- Writing scalable apps that deploy on multiple environments,have different themes and feature sets for different clients
*What we are looking for*
The ideal candidate would have:
* Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible and continuous integration with Jenkins or similar
* Experience with AWS or/and other cloud technologies
* Good knowledge of building applications following a microservices architecture
* Good spoken and written English
* Be genuinely curious and constantly strive to learn
Extra bonus points if you have experience with / knowledge in:
* React or Angular or TypeScript,or Node.js or HTML5 or CSS3 and SQL
* Agile development methodologies
* Docker container integration technologies in production and the cloud
* Machine learning algorithms
* Apache Groovy
* UX design
* Genomics and of building bioinformatics applications
*What we offer*
We value our team more than anything else. We like to learn from each other and share knowledge. We offer an amazing opportunity to learn, grow and create. You will have flexible working hours and flexible location, preferably in London and/or Barcelona.
In the mid-to-long term we offer the opportunity to grow fast and build and manage your own team of developers. We also offer the possibility to be rewarded with company shares based on performance and objectives met.
Salary range: Depending on experience. Opportunity to grow after 6 months.
_Above all we offer you the challenge of a lifetime. Are you ready to change the world with us?_
*How to apply*
If you would like to work with us and help us build the next generation of smart genomic analysis tools, please send your CV and cover letter.
*Deadline for applications: 15 July 2017*
_“The most extraordinary people in the world today don’t have a career. They have a mission.” _
- Vishen Lakhiani