Frontend Developer (React &, ideally, a little Python)
at Tessian in London
(₤40000 - ₤70000 per year)
At CheckRecipient, we have the ambitious goal of protecting enterprise networks against new and intelligent cyber threats, making it impossible for sensitive information to end up in the wrong hands.
Through advanced machine learning and natural language processing (NLP), CheckRecipient prevents breaches in real-time, outsmarting traditional rule-based, admin-intensive approaches which can only report a breach after it has occurred.
Founded by a team of Imperial College engineers, we’re backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We work with international clients in the financial, legal and professional services sectors who trust us to find the most intelligent ways to keep their data secure.
We’ve recently closed a fundraising round of $2.7m led by Accel and LocalGlobe and we are looking to work with the brightest minds to help us accomplish our goal and help us defend our clients against the biggest cybersecurity problems.
Engineering at CheckRecipient
Dealing with massive datasets at scale requires ingenuity and strong analytical skills. Our agnostic approach to problem solving means we favour hiring engineers who pride themselves on the ability to learn new skills, their comfort with the unknown and their willingness to experiment.
At CheckRecipient you’ll be growing your skill-set on an ongoing basis; regular and continuous development is something we believe in and as an employee we will seek to create opportunities for you to evolve.
We build quickly and follow both agile and continuous delivery paradigms. As a member of the CheckRecipient engineering team, you will have the autonomy to work on your own projects, and be part of our regular round tables to bounce ideas around as a team on how to tackle our biggest challenges. We believe in Deep Work and ensure our Engineers have the option of two 2-hour uninterrupted sessions a day with no external distractions.
Here are some of the technologies we’re working with:
- Python, (legacy: Ruby)
- SQL (SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL)
- AWS Services
- Kubernetes, Docker
You should apply if you:
- are a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- enjoy the challenge of working with and presenting summaries of large datasets
- are equally comfortable working on frontend and backend tasks
- have a passion for learning new skills and technologies
- have worked on large, complex Enterprise dashboards before
- know some python, enough to link up our frontend to our backend
- Winner – CogX 2017 Best Innovation in Data Protection and Privacy
- Winner – INFOSEC 2017 Most Innovative Cyber Security Company
- Winner – Info Security Product Guide’s Global Excellence Awards 2017 for the Best Security Startup
- Winner – WIRED Security 2016 Best Startup Award
- Winner – LegalGeek Best Machine Intelligence Start Up 2016
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity options
- Choose your own kit
- Central London office location
- Regular team socials and activities
We do not accept applications or résumés from 3rd party recruiters.
We are currently unable to sponsor applicants who do not have a right to work in the UK
Recent jobs at Tessian
- Business Development Manager at Tessian in London 17-03-2017
- Client Development Associate (Account Manager) at Tessian in London 05-10-2017
- Commercial Roles at Tessian in London 15-02-2018