SuperAwesome Kids Web Services Tech Lead
at SuperAwesome in London
(₤50000 - ₤80000 per year)
SuperAwesome (@GoSuperAwesome) is the largest kids’ digital media platform in the world, reaching over 400M kids each month across mobile, web and online video. The company’s technology powers the global kids’ digital media ecosystem, ensuring kid-safe advertising, safe-social, family authentication and COPPA compliance for hundreds of brands and agencies around the world including LEGO, Warner Bros, Hasbro, Disney, Nintendo, Cartoon Network and many others.
- AwesomeAds is the industry’s leading kid-safe, COPPA-compliant ad platform used by hundreds of brands and agencies in the UK, US, Australia and Southeast Asia.
- REX is the world’s first and only kid-safe, compliant programmatic solution empowering brands to engage with kids via their existing programmatic infrastructure while remaining fully compliant with COPPA and GDPR.
- PopJam is the world’s leading kid-safe social content platform used by top brands and YouTubers in the US, UK and Canada including Nintendo, Disney, Kellogg’s and many others.
- Kids Web Services (KWS) provides compliance-as-a-service tools for kids’ content creators and is used by companies like Hasbro, Hachette and Walker Books to power international, kid-safe sites and apps.
As the Kids Web Services tech lead at SuperAwesome, you will drive the development and scaling of the product, taking ownership of its architecture and technical roadmap. You will be working with the rest of the product team to build the best possible software, provide feedback on how individuals can improve and take ownership of all technical aspects on and around the application. The tech lead should have a strong technical grounding, be hands-on and and lead from the front. You should enjoy helping others get better and thinking about the team rather than individual performance.
- Take ownership of the technical development of one of our products
- Help hire the best possible engineers to the business
- Help make our existing engineering team level up even more
- Improve development processes across the team
- Help with the discovery process, making sure the feasibility analysis is as accurate as it can be
- Lead the team from the front, building out key features across the application
- Maintain a sound continuous delivery environment
- Help unblock people’s tech problems
- 5+ years commercial application development
- Demonstrated expertise building and scaling web applications, preferably with docker
- Like working with others and helping them grow
- Ability to distill complex problems into simply digestible information
- You’re a fire starter; clearly demonstrate your abilities to get things done without direct supervision and understand what it means to deliver excellence to clients
- You are a natural problem solver
- You’re very driven and passionate
- You think logically, even under pressure, and come up with innovative solutions to problems
You’ll be joining a rapidly growing team having recently closed their Series B investment with a lot of experience, a serious track record and an awesome team atmosphere. You’ll have a genuine opportunity to learn and grow through clear direction and hands on mentorship from an experienced Senior Management team. You’ll also get hands on experience leading our communities and reporting insights to the wider team and clients
Salary and package will be competitive and commensurate with experience.