at GoCardless in London
Drive the risk agenda at a cutting-edge, dynamic and high-growth fin-tech company.
GoCardless processes billions in payments each year. Tens of thousands of businesses across the UK and beyond rely on us to handle their payments, and hundreds more sign up every week. As we look to the future, those businesses will be larger, more demanding, and present in multiple countries – and so will we. The risk team must ensure that GoCardless adopts, implements and maintains innovative and appropriate risk processes and controls as we have a duty to banking partners, regulators, schemes, merchants and their customers to review and monitor accounts and transactions with the utmost care.
We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop smart, driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback and are devoted to encouraging and supporting each other’s professional growth. So, if you are ambitious, and enjoy a positive atmosphere where you’ll enjoy seeing your efforts put into production then come and be a part of the incredible GoCardless journey.
Every day you’ll be working as part of a small, close knit team, conducting moderate to complex risk analysis, fraud investigations and underwriting account applications, while ensuring compliance with onboarding guidelines/policies, in order to protect GoCardless from fraud, financial and reputational risk.
• Attain a thorough understanding of GoCardless policy and process.
• Qualitative and quantitative assessment of account and transaction data.
• Analysis of merchant accounts for fraud risk.
• Assist internal and external stakeholders in resolving risk related queries maintaining a superior level of responsive service.
• Develop monitoring programmes for high risk merchants.
• Build and maintain relationships with compliance, legal and support members of the GoCardless community.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU ARE:
• Critical and detailed: You have a sharp eye for spotting patterns/trends and irregularities.
• Results-focused: You can prioritize, organize, and show initiative and willing to get the job done no matter the obstacles
• Decisive and accountable: You’re self-directed; you understand the impact of every decision you make on transactions/accounts reviewed.
• Dynamic and growth-oriented: You are ambitious and gravitate towards challenges, seeking better and more innovative ways to work.
• A team player: You work closely with other high-performing teams to enable fast, convenient, safe and risk-free payment processing for our merchants.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree and/or two to four years of payments related experience.
• You are data-oriented (previous experience of SQL, Tableau preferred), organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• You have the ability to read and interpret credit bureau reports and corporate financial statements
• You have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Apps for Work, including Excel, Word and Google Sheets
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
Recent jobs at GoCardless
- Account Executive, Enterprise at GoCardless in London 16-11-2017
- Senior Account Executive at GoCardless in London 20-12-2017
- Partnerships Marketing Manager at GoCardless in London 24-01-2018
- Senior Operations Manager at GoCardless in London 26-01-2018
- Marketing Executive - Segmentation at GoCardless in London 02-03-2018
- Sales Development Representative at GoCardless in London 06-03-2018
- Inside Sales, Account Executive at GoCardless in London 14-03-2018
- Regulatory Manager at GoCardless in London 15-03-2018
- Compliance Analyst at GoCardless in London 16-03-2018
- Customer & Partner Success Manager (Germany) at GoCardless in London 20-03-2018
- Outbound Sales Representative at GoCardless in London 22-03-2018
- Customer Support Analyst at GoCardless in London 26-03-2018
- Customer Support Analyst (French Speaking) at GoCardless in London 26-03-2018
- German Marketing Manager at GoCardless in London 19-04-2018