Assistant Store Manager/Store manager, Richmond branch
at Sporting Feet in Richmond
Sporting Feet is a specialist sports footwear retailer with stores in Putney and Richmond as well as a fledgling online store. Our key product lines are footwear for all key sports, custom insoles, accessories and running clothing. Our store is all about providing great quality service and being a hub of useful information for the local sporting community. Our lead category is running shoes and we pride ourselves on our thorough gait analysis process. We also use a state-of-the-art digital foot scanner to accurately measure our customers’ feet size and shape.
We are currently looking for a bright, friendly, enthusiastic, sporty individual to join Sporting Feet as an Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager (depending on experience).
This is an ideal first job for a graduate to join a growing business with a great reputation.
We are looking for are looking for someone reliable, proactive and personable with good sales skills, high standards and strong attention to detail.
This person would become fully operationally responsible for the running of our Richmond store.
Relevant experience in a retail/public facing environment will help but is not essential as full training will be given.
- Maintaining a consistently high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Making sure all operational routines are implemented
- Managing part time staff and ensuring they are thoroughly trained using the training manual and the training check list
- Assisting with managing rota and ensuring best possible staff cover
- Passing on leads for new club and professional links to the business owners
- Reading key running press and keeping up to date with latest thinking, products and technologies
- Attending external events when required
- Being proactive – working on knowledge and other projects (to be advised) when not serving customers
Personal skills required
- Trustworthy and committed
- A warm, friendly manner
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- A passion for sport
- Knowledge of and interest in biomechanics