Sales Executive - Fintech
at GapCap in London
(₤20000 - ₤25000 per year)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a fast-paced FinTech company! GapCap are looking for a motivated sales executive with brilliant communication skills, who is eager to join a fast-growing company and be part of a dynamic and sociable team. It’s a really exciting time to join the company, with plenty of opportunity to learn and shape the role.
Based in the heart of London, GapCap is a FinTech business that provides UK businesses with an online platform to release the cash tied-up in their unpaid invoices. We provide SMEs with the cashflow finance that they need to grow. We are looking to recruit a funding executive to join our rapidly growing team.
Since inception in June 2014, our aim has been, and remains to make financial products simpler and more effective for our clients. GapCap leverage the future cashflow of a business in a simple, fast, and flexible way. We have the best of both worlds; combining our super-efficient technology with our team of experts keen to understand each business we work with.
The candidate will be a key member of the Business Development team, researching potential clients and working directly with SME business owners. This role is focused on generating new business for the company through outbound activity. The all-encompassing ‘sourcing & closing’ aspect of the job offers autonomy and flexibility to the successful candidate. The position will suit someone with a more consultative approach to business development and a focus on long term relationship building. The focus of the role is to be engaging with, and educating business advisers, business owners and FDs on the benefits of GapCap.
The role requires someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can build trusted relationships with business owners from a variety of sectors. The candidate will be hungry for success, driven by deals and self-motivated. Equally, the ability to work collaboratively with our marketing team and work well within a team is crucial.
We’re looking for someone, who is ambitious and driven by creating their own success. We are a truly meritocratic business and you will be well rewarded for high achievement. Experience in direct B2B sales would be beneficial, but is not essential.
In a fast-growing environment, it is important that all GapCappers understand flexibility and dynamism are a necessity. On a day-to-day basis, employees are asked to go outside of their job roles and pitch in to help – a ‘get your hands dirty’ attitude is crucial.
Responsibilities will include:
• Proactively source businesses suitable for the GapCap product
• Negotiating funding terms and moving on to closing sales
• Building relationships with UK SME owners
• Achieve and exceed on weekly and monthly KPIs
• Educate business owners and directors on how GapCap works and how they can maximise the benefits
• Demonstrate a good understanding of the GapCap product and adopt a consultative sales approach
• Demonstrate understanding of the small business market and problems faced
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
• Open and curious disposition
• Ability to take rejection and bounce back
• Highly self-motivated with the drive to meet and exceed targets
• Confident, proactive, and positive outlook
• Team player
• Ambitious high-achiever, driven by high achievement
• Burrito addict
Skills and experience:
• Great communication skills
• Close attention to detail
• Have a solid understanding of business development strategies
• Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise
• Interest in Finance and Technology
• Successful B2B sales experience (including recruitment, stock broking, FX sales etc) is desirable but not essential
We run a truly meritocratic environment where achievement is rewarded well and successful candidates can expect to earn £40k OTE in their first year; this is c.60/40 salary/commission split. Learning and qualifications are actively encouraged at GapCap and in addition to industry, company and role specific training programmes, there is an opportunity to take formal qualifications.
You must have a valid visa to work in the UK.
Employee benefits package includes:
• Free breakfast & fruit every day
• Uncapped commission structure
• Employee share scheme
• Discounted gym membership
• Employer pension
• Fantastic new offices in Farringdon
Due to the high level of applications for this role, we will only be contacting successful applicants.