Head of Partner Marketing
at GoCardless in London
Drive our growth and shape our future.
At GoCardless we’re looking to scale from processing £3 billion a year to over £10 billion. Our vision is to create a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you’re in or what software you are using.
Our strategic partnerships with market-leading platforms such as Xero, Sage and Zuora have been critical to our success in reaching over 30,000 businesses and will be key to our success both locally and globally.
We’re moving into our next phase of expansion and are looking for an ambitious, smart and versatile person to set up Partner Marketing within the Marketing Department working closely with the Partnerships team to grow our base of partners, merchants and attributed revenue.
You will be responsible for building out the Partner Marketing function responsible for managing all Partner Marketing activity. Working with the Partnerships and Marketing teams you’ll play a key role in developing and executing on our strategic plan, from attracting and launching new partners to growing and expanding existing partnerships across multiple geographies.
Some of the main elements of the role will involve:
Developing the Partner Marketing strategy including the creation of a partner marketing playbook that can be used for both local and global partnerships of all sizes.
Build out the Partner Marketing function, hiring for both global and local resource.
Creating resources and toolkits for partners and their merchants.
Supporting the Partnerships team with marketing activities to attract and close new partnerships deals that generate meaningful revenue.
Working proactively with our existing partners on joint marketing plans to educate customers about the benefits of using GoCardless with their product, grow the proportion of their customers using GoCardless.
Building out opportunities for joint go-to-market strategies working with partners to attract new business for both parties.
Drive awareness of partnerships to our existing merchant base, encouraging them to connect GoCardless with our partners’ software.
Delivering on core partnership KPIs including new partnerships, partner-merchant acquisition and revenue.
You’ll be working closely with the Marketing team who will be supporting you in digital, content and product marketing activity and reporting into the VP Marketing. You’ll also work closely with the Partnerships and Sales teams to ensure we are building long term relationships and meeting new merchant and revenue targets.
- What we’re looking for*:
We’re looking for a partner marketing rock star who is creative, driven and excited about working in a fast growing FinTech startup!
You should apply if :
- You’re an experienced marketer with a background in B2B.
- You have a proven track record of driving growth through local and global partnerships.
- You have experience in managing and developing teams.
- You are self-motivated, driven, full of energy and engaging.
- You have a mix of creative and analytical skills – able to develop new innovative marketing activities with strong quantitative analytical skills to review and act on the results.
- You have excellent communication and written skills.
- You are able to work across multiple teams both internally and externally.
- You are curious and a rigorous thinker, always probing beyond a simple answer and assuming nothing.
Along with your cv please answer the following questions to support your application
In no more than 450 words:
1 What attracts you to a role at GoCardless? (what is it about this role specifically?)
2. Based on the GoCardless partner listed on our website, what do you think are the most important partners and why?
3. In your opinion why are partnerships a key area of the marketing mix?
Recent jobs at GoCardless
- Account Executive, Enterprise at GoCardless in London 16-11-2017
- Senior Account Executive at GoCardless in London 20-12-2017
- Partnerships Marketing Manager at GoCardless in London 24-01-2018
- Senior Operations Manager at GoCardless in London 26-01-2018
- Marketing Executive - Segmentation at GoCardless in London 02-03-2018
- Sales Development Representative at GoCardless in London 06-03-2018
- Inside Sales, Account Executive at GoCardless in London 14-03-2018
- Regulatory Manager at GoCardless in London 15-03-2018
- Compliance Analyst at GoCardless in London 16-03-2018
- Customer & Partner Success Manager (Germany) at GoCardless in London 20-03-2018
- Outbound Sales Representative at GoCardless in London 22-03-2018
- Customer Support Analyst at GoCardless in London 26-03-2018
- Customer Support Analyst (French Speaking) at GoCardless in London 26-03-2018
- German Marketing Manager at GoCardless in London 19-04-2018