Tech co-founder | Award-winning 3D mapping drone software (web/ full-stack/ software dev/ CTO)
at GetTrik in London
Though I’m looking for a tech co-founder, I’m pretty tech savvy myself.
Who am I?
I’m a technology innovator. I have 2 master degrees in design (from RCA) and engineering (from Imperial College), and a certificate in customer behavior (from LSE). I used to code a lot before moving toward mechanical engineering, UX/UI design, then business. I used to work for an international company on structural inspection and maintenance. So, I do have the knowledge, experience, industry know-how, and connection.
I was selected to join the Entrepreneur First accelerator and I won the Women in Innovation Award which gave us total funding of 60K. Since the beginning of this year, I built a working MVP with part-time computer vision researchers and a freelance web dev. in the UK. I was leading the Computer vision R&D and design the whole web app system – I compared libraries that could work with our application, identify what needed to be modified to make it work, designed the UX/UI then handed over to these 2 teams to make it. Though I’m not coding anymore, I do actually know how to work with tech. :)
What does our company do?
We turn thousands of drone images into an interactive 3D model. Instead of folders, users can search for relevant images, make annotation and add measurement directly from the 3D model. We then automatically export it into printable reports. We aim to revolutionize the inspection industry by establishing a new standard to store and utilise inspection data in 3D digital space. Promo video
>>> We want to make a software/app that can control drone to fly and generate a 3D model of the structure on a tablet in real time. (We already have the real-time 3D mapping algorithm working !! )
Why do I want a tech co-founder?
We have a working MVP, a couple of paid clients, and a lot of people contacting us from around the world, but, with part-times and freelances, I’m not able to focus on sale/ tech dev. /fundraising all at once…. and it’s just much nicer (and more efficient) to bounce ideas off with someone who works on the same vision as you. I want to grow the company fast and I know I’m not the best person to drive the technical dev in long term. I’m looking forward to working with someone who can do this better than me.
What am I looking for?
The ideal co-founder is someone who likes working hands-on to solve challenging problems. Someone who would like to have major inputs at a very early stage development and lead the technical direction. Someone who is as passionate about technology and wants to rise together as we grow our team.
- a Full stack / Web developer / Game developer- would be great if you know .net MVC or willing to pick it up and convert it into other platform (I personally have no preference) – Bonus if you have some experience in Three.js / WebGL / Unity3D / App dev. (cross-platform or native)
- a Software engineer (C++) with an interest or experience in computer vision / real-time image processing / navigation / robotic / drones – a research-based would be fine but someone quite practical perspective would be ideal.
- a mixture of both in some level…
>>>Equity and/or Salary can be discussed<<<
Note: Other people also said our company is pretty cool as well!
- Selected for the Entrepreneur First (tech accelerator)- survive through final round but won’t allow to pitch because I’m a solo founder.
- Selected as part of the Global Entrepreneur Program by the UK’s Department for International Trade.
- French Tech ticket – french governmental initiative to fund and relocate start up to France (2016 – reject that offer to stay in the UK in the end)
- Winner of the Women in Innovation Awards – by the Innovate UK
- Finalist in the International Student Innovation Award – by the Mayor of London
- You can also see me and the company in the Financial Times, BBC, Huffington post, and Refinery 29…