at Wefarm Limited in London
Reports to: Head of Operations
Job Code: jobOps0923
Do you want to use your talent and ambition at an award-winning social enterprise start-up that is changing the way emerging markets use digital technology? Are you interested in networks, rural marketing, machine learning, AI – and how these disciplines can help improve peoples lives where it matters most?
Come work for Wefarm.
Small-scale farmers produce 70% of the world’s food – yet most remain digitally unconnected from vital information that could save their farms and better our global food chain.
Wefarm, the world’s largest farmer-to-farmer digital network, lets small-scale farmers connect with one another to solve problems, share ideas and spread innovation. Utilising the latest machine learning technology, Wefarm’s service works both online and over SMS. Knowledge shared on Wefarm can help farmers to produce higher quality product, increase yields, gain insight into marketing pricing, tackle the effects of climate change, source the best seeds, fertiliser and loans, diversify agricultural interests, and much more.
We’re the first company in the world to bring vital crowdsourced agricultural information to small-scale farmers – and we do it for free, at no cost to the farmer.
Since its founding in 2015, Wefarm has been named one of Africa’s Most Innovative Companies by FastCompany and has won Google’s Impact Challenge Award, TechCrunch’s Europas-Tech for Good Award, and the European Union Commission’s Ideas from Europe prize, among others. We’ve been covered on CNN, the BBC, Wired, TechCrunch, Forbes, the FT and more. The company is headquartered in London with offices in Nairobi and Kampala.
We need an Operations Coordinator to help power everything we do.
The role of Operations Coordinator is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven, fast-growing start-up. You will join a hardworking, talented and results-driven international team, and you will support the senior team in that journey! You will be able to provide assistance for smooth and efficient office operations. You will help the team stay organised and aligned, while working closely with the CEO and Head of Operations to implement our vision of internal growth of the company. You will need to be resourceful and flexible, but also highly organised, thrive at multi-tasking and a real people person in your work. We are looking for a positive team player who would be excited to learn new things but also actively contribute ideas for a more efficient and effective work environment. This is a great opportunity for talented people to get on board a fast growing startup and grow with us!
- Work closely with the Wefarm CEO, and senior management team, to support the smooth running of a fast growing international start-up
- Support the Operations Team in executing the Ops Strategy
- Work alongside the Head of Operations in testing & implementing different approaches
- Help facilitate the internal communication between individuals, departments and offices, gather feedback and help improve the communication flow
- Assist in reinforcing the company culture and values in the day-to-day operations, and use our core values as inspiration for fun and engaging initiatives
- Support the Head of Operations in managing the Wefarm offices (including: general administration, Company * * * Calendar oversight, coordinating events / meetings and maintaining a filing system)
- Provide general support to the Wefarm CEO, including: administrative support; scheduling meetings; arranging international travel; recording expenses, research and any other additional tasks
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Comfortable working hard in a startup environment. Part of that would require someone resourceful and flexible, who is able to adapt to various circumstances and help make the most of any situation
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Preferably past coordination experience in a fast-paced environment
- Business operations familiarity & understanding, especially for a growing company
- Interest in organisational psychology, people development or HR, some experience in any one of those areas would be beneficial
- Passionate about Wefarm’s social business model and pioneering approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- N.B. You must have the right to work in the UK
- Very organised
- Reliable and consistent
- Quick learner and multitasker
- Resourceful, observant and initiative
- Excited to build a career at an amazing social enterprise
To apply, please send your CV and a (short) cover letter that answers the following question:
“You are organising our big once a year Team building trip (WeCamp) for the whole team in Kenya and you are asked to think of ideas for an opening session – bear in mind a lot of the team has seen each other only over Skype. What would you suggest?”
Please note that we will review and interview on an ongoing basis. Unfortunately, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.