Customer Experience / Support Team Lead
at Curve in London
Customer Experience/Support Team Lead
Shoreditch, London, UK
Salary + Equity
We’re building the future of money – join us!
What you’ll be doing:
As Customer Experience/Support Team Lead you will lead an exceptional team of 5-7 champions, to create and maintain a seamless and delightful experience for our rapidly growing user base. You will help grow the Experience/Support team, processes and systems in this exciting phase while bringing to life one of our core values: to obsess about the customer experience (this is not a sales related role).
Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We can turn any bank, into a smart bank. Centralising all your credit, debit, rewards and business cards and housing them safely in a single platform. Adding notifications, creating budgets, seeing spending habits all to your existing bank account. For the first time giving you smart insights and control of all your money in one effortless place. The aim: truly Connected Finance.
We are 40-strong and growing, and have completed a multi-million pound Series A fundraise to drive the next phase of rapid growth.
What your day will involve:
- Leading & motivating your team of super-smart payments problem-solvers (currently 5 ppl)
- Attracting and hiring great talent to expand the team quickly as required
- Thinking of ideas to deliver world-class, bank-beating customer experience such as additional support channels, better out of hours coverage, etc
- Obsessing over analytics to identify ways to deliver ambitious performance metrics
- Communicating insightful reports on the root-causes of ticket volumes
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships across the business
- Solving complex investigations / complaints which have been escalated to you
- Monitoring and ensuring all service and regulatory processes are followed correctly
Our ideal team member will have the following talents, skills & experience:
- 2-3 years experience as customer support team lead for a tech startup
- Team management experience of 5+ agents
- A strong people focus and excellent relationship management skills
- Proficient knowledge of customer service tools, e.g. Zendesk
- Managed multiple customer service channels, e.g. email, social media, in-app chat, phone
- Comfortable analysing data, drawing out insights and collating into reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; uncompromising on accuracy
- Fluent business english
- A commitment to continuous improvement and reducing customer contact volumes
- A natural team player able to make their voice heard in a challenging, fast-changing environment
- Familiar with payments processing / financial services
- A passion for Fintech and/or Startups
More about Us:
We are a high-performance team rallied around the single purpose of connecting people’s financial worlds. We’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are backed by some of the leading names in technology and high-profile venture capital firms and we’re led by a visionary founder.
We have a set of values which determine how we make decisions: obsess about the customer experience, think big & innovate, “build, measure & learn” and automate & accelerate. In addition we have values which determine how we work: feel the urgency, train your judgement, collaboration & trust at our core and responsibility to challenge.
Our interview process:
We believe in both parties getting to know each other well before making an important decision like this. We have a thorough interview process of typically 2-3 stages that may involve an exercise, test or presentation. If you secure an offer from us, we’ll invite you to a team lunch or drinks so you can meet more of the team before deciding whether to join us.
Perks & Benefits (currently in process of developing additional benefits):
- Equity for everyone!
- Generous holiday allowance
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Annual Learning & Development budget
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Personal Concierge service
- ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
Recent jobs at Curve
- Digital Designer at Curve in London 27-03-2018
- Customer Experience Champion at Curve in London 27-03-2018