Head of SEO
at carwow in London
carwow is the most convenient, stress-free way to find and buy a new car, at a price you can be confident in. carwow aims to solve the major pain points that buyers and dealers experience in the buying process, putting them in a more powerful position than ever before. Offering buyers crucial price confidence, a more convenient hassle free way to find and buy the car they want, and an altogether better buying experience. And it is great news for dealers too. Through carwow, our dealer partners sell more cars than they could in the showroom alone, while reducing cost inefficiencies and increasing stock turnover. This means they can pass on great prices to carwow buyers.
We’re a driven, high-energy startup with a team of 140+ based in central London and Munich. We are backed by Europe’s leading VCs including: – Balderton Capital (Betfair, LOVEFiLM, Citymapper, MySQL) – Accel (Facebook, Spotify, Dropbox, Groupon) – Vitruvian Partners (JustEat, Skyscanner, Trustpilot) – Episode 1 (Zoopla, Shazam, LOVEFiLM) – Samos (Ocado, Betfair, PKR)
We’ve raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re enthusiastic, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
Organic search is an important aspect of our customer acquisition and as part of our rapidly expanding team we are looking for a Head of SEO to join the marketing team. This role will cover all the countries carwow operate in (Currently UK and Germany, with more coming in 2018).
This role will involve close collaboration with our Editorial team; advising them on best practices, analysing organic performance and highlighting opportunities for them. This role also covers working on YouTube SEO, for our large YouTube channel.
This role will also involve working closely with our Product team (Product Managers, Designers, Analysts and Developers); advising the Product Director on the best product SEO strategy, monitoring performance across the site and suggesting opportunities.
Our organic rankings are growing rapidly, but we’re never satisfied and want to reach more car buyers. An appreciation of SEO is baked into our culture, with the CEO having looked after all aspects until recently. We’ve ridden the wave of Penguin and Panda, so know the risks of trying to take shortcuts.
This will be the sole in-house SEO hire to start with, but we expect the candidate to build out a team over time.
- Setting and executing the SEO strategy across all carwow domains
- Analysing and reporting on SEO performance to the C-level team
- Analysing and reporting on YouTube SEO performance to the C-level team
- Working closely with the product team and development team to advise and oversee site changes and technical SEO requirements
- Link-building planning creation and execution
- Advising the Editorial team on optimising content titles, descriptions etc.. for Google and YouTube
- Technical audits & recommendations
- Working closely with our experienced PPC team to identify organic opportunities
- Working closely with our Editorial team and advising them on best practices and what content is working well
- Experience in a similar role working on a large site
- Experience working on SEO across an international site preferred
- Ability to both think strategically and not being afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck-in
- A strong appreciation of product and how it fits with SEO
- An interest or knowledge of cars is not required
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Holborn, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A wide variety of learning and development opportunities, including German classes and coding lessons from our very own developers
- carwow sports teams open to anyone in the office, these include sports such as; netball, football and tennis