Senior Product Manager
at PeoplePerHour in London
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager, based in London, to direct all aspects of our marketplace product taking responsibility for the strategy, roadmap and feature definition. As a Senior Product Manager, you will lead the development of product strategy, in line with business goals, collect and translate ideas into strategic requirements and features, and act as product owner end to end. You will work closely with our strategic hub in London (Chief Executive, Marketing, Design, Operations, Data Science and Business Intelligence) and our engineering team in Athens, lead by our CTO. If you are passionate about results-driven product strategies, market growth, user experience, world-class value propositions, and have a natural knack for numbers and problem solving across the entire business, then this role may be for you.
More specifically you are expected to:
- Gain a deep understanding of the marketplace, players, and business goals
- Manage the product P&L, analyzing the nuts and bolts of income, and ascertaining efficiency of costs to maximize existing performance
- Work with marketing and business intelligence to help drive the optimization of the user journeys from capture to customer, including repeat customers
- Lead product strategy by harnessing the collective knowledge of all stakeholders, and develop detailed requirements and features that are cost effective.
- Work with the Design team and Customer Support to understand customer experience end to end, and how we can improve products and services to drive usability and customer value.
- Work with our Data Science teams to develop product features built around intelligence and probability algorithms.
- Identify and fill product gaps, lead the brainstorming of new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience/journey and drive growth
- Work closely with CTO and engineering teams to ensure time-to-market delivery and resources optimization
PeoplePerHour.com is the UK’s leading freelancer platform servicing over 1.5m freelancers and small businesses (65% UK, the rest all over the world).
With a mature and growing community we are now reinvesting organic profits into breaking out into new sectors & segment in which the on-demand economy has not yet become mainstream. The first of these is larger enterprises where the offering is tailored to corporates (via software + labour solutions) managing large remote workforces (some vetted in-house and some outsourced) efficiently and cost-effectively all in one place.
We have aggressive growth plans and we want you to be part of them!
Ideally you will have:
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to manage a business, its strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management and teams
- Tenacity, drive and determination
- Natural problem solving mindset
- Commercial awareness and understanding of what the numbers actually mean
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant Degree Educated with MBA a bonus
- Programming language is a bonus
Loves brutal honesty
Hates pointing fingers
Hates fluffing. Says it like it is with brutal honesty
Acts like an owner
Doesn’t sit around waiting to be told what to do
Is selfless: don’t just cover your own back. Always put yourself last
Cares about the business and its overall success
Picks garbage off the floor
Do what you say & commit to. Gets it done!
Resourceful & scrappy. Doesn’t need handholding. Will find a way
Goal orientated. Sets and hits targets
Constantly raises the bar
Is curious and inquisitive. Always questioning: how can we do this better?
Finds ways to improve the status quo
Goes above and beyond what’s given to him/her
Thinks outside the box and loves innovation
Self-reflective and improves a little every day
Is a Team player
Is a clear communicator. You care about whether the other person understood, not just what they said
Shows empathy: You care and don’t just throw the ball over the fence
Makes an effort to gel and bond with the team
London with occasional trips to Athens
Competitive base + bonus