Customer Experience Specialist - Beauty / Skin Care
at Pai Skincare in London
(₤20000 - ₤25000 per year)
CX Specialist full-time, London W3. 5-days per week including evenings and weekends (shift based).
We encourage applications from talented individuals re-entering the job market following maternity or similar and will do our best to offer flexibility to accommodate.
PAI’s MISSION is to empower women to manage and solve their sensitive skin issues.
We’ve helped thousands and our ambition is to help millions.
We have a range of sensitive skin products for face and body, but more important than our products is the advice we give, or sometimes just the sympathetic ear we lend.
The Customer Experience team are core to our mission. On a daily basis, we help to answer customer questions about their own skin, product ingredients, general well being and a whole lot more.
We speak to customers by Phone, Email, Facebook and Chat – and in person at events. The role is primarily focused on our direct customers who shop via our UK and international websites.
We’re looking for people with empathy and a passion for skin care with an eagerness to grow their knowledge.
What do we mean by that? Full training and induction of course, but we expect our team to have a huge enthusiasm to learn and that may involve taking accredited courses in dermatology, nutrition, beauty or esthetics.
Launched by Sarah Brown in 2007 as a solution to her own sensitive skin, Pai has grown from a converted Ealing garage and now employs 50 people. We are regularly featured in the press and on TV as a voice of the new wave of entrepreneurial manufacturers.
Pai is fairly unique in the cosmetics sector in that we’re vertically integrated. We make everything because that’s the best way to innovate, provide quality products and do so at a price that is affordable to our customers.
Manufacturing is the ultimate creative industry – anyone can brand or market a product….but you could help us come up with a new product based on what our customers are telling you? Then work with our formulators to create it and if you’re really keen, you can help make it too!
- Put the customer first and don’t rest until they’re delighted.
- Respond to enquiries via live chat, email, telephone, social media and face to face at events.
- Provide information about Pai Skincare products, skin or diet issues.
- Liaise with other departments to provide customer insights and feedback.
- Do things the Pai way (following processes and improving them if they’re not good enough) so the customer gets a consistently great experience every time.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing Teams to process orders and provide support to stores.
The Right Person
- Seriously empathetic – people are getting in touch because they have a problem that needs fixing and they’re relying on you to understand, be sympathetic and help them resolve it.
- You’re an amazing communicator – you listen first and then clearly respond.
- Your friends come to you to put the world to rights – your problem solving skills are legendary and everything has a solution, it just may not be immediately obvious.
- You go the extra mile for customers because that’s just the right thing to do.
- You are a genuinely interesting person with a secret skill, talent or passion unrelated to your day job which we’d really love to hear about it.
- Experience (at least one year) in a customer-facing role (email, phone and chat)
- Ability to work flexible shifts in a 35 hour week (Late night / Weekend shifts can be from home).
- Strong numerical skills (for calculating discounts, refunds etc.)
- Fluent in English, additional languages would be beneficial
- Experience working in the retail, beauty or cosmetic industries.
We have a small team of 3 (you’ll be number 4) and you’ll report to the CX Manager who in turn reports to the Head of E-Commerce. Pai is a small team and there’s a collegiate atmosphere – everyone is there to help out and we’re a friendly and laid back bunch.
- Salary based on experience (Range is £20,000 to £25,000)
- Free Pai products for yourself and discount for friends and family!
- Weekly yoga & pilates
- Share options scheme
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays), plus 5 additional discretionary days for birthday and Christmas shutdown.