We are an EdTech company based in London and Dubai, helping 1000's of students every year accelerate their learning through our digital platform and content rich resources. We work with schools and governments and have been in business for 9 years.
We are looking for an experienced video editor to assemble recorded footage into a professional, finished product suitable for broadcasting across a variety of medium.
* Work with the PL team to understand our needs and specifications.
* Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
* Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
* Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
* Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
* Create rough and final cuts.
* Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
* Consult with the Founder and Head of Digital Marketing from production to post-production process.
* Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximise efficiency.
* Proven work experience as a video editor.
* Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut).
* Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
* Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity.
* Creative mind and storytelling skills.
* A BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field would be preferable.
We require a CV and cover letter as well as a showreel demonstrating your work.
You would also be required to edit one of our clips to demonstrate your skills.
Our offices are based in Piccadilly Circus and you would be required to be office-based.
Full-time position on a temporary contract to start with.
Competitive market pay assured.