at iwoca ltd in London
(₤50000 - ₤80000 per year)
At iwoca, we are reinventing business finance: our mission is to help small businesses grow by offering them fast, flexible access to finance. Traditionally, banks have neglected Europe’s 20M+ SMEs because their processes were too slow, rigid and costly to serve them effectively. By using cutting-edge technology and harnessing more data, iwoca is developing new ways to provide fast and flexible access to credit and enabling our customers to flourish.
Since our launch in 2012 we’ve lent over £250m to 12,000 SMEs across Europe, from “one man bands” to multi-million pound businesses. Along the way we have built a leading technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun and vibrant team. Over the next decade we aim to provide financing to 1 million small businesses.
About the role:
At iwoca we are dedicated to building the smartest lending platform in the world as we believe that finance should be as simple, seamless and powerful as electricity. We like to work to an Agile-ish processes, which means features or projects go live in days or weeks rather than months or years.
We are very fortunate to have a passionate and dedicated CTO / Co-founder who ensures that Tech is always at the forefront of the business so the work you do is always valued. We use AngularJS for our internal application &amp;amp;amp; React+Redux for our public facing projects, with focus on adhering to ES6 standards. We are practical developers who like to use the best tools for the job rather than the newest, shiniest tools as we believe that performance and code quality are key.
Right now we are developing new features on our in-house Angular application which servers our 100+ operations team. You would be joining a flexible team open to making changes to our current tech stack, so you will have plenty of opportunity to have an input on the direction of the business/product. We believe in investing in research to find the best possible outcome.
We are looking for someone with:
- A good understanding of testing from e2e to unit testing (we use Jasmine, Mocha, Nightwatch, Enzyme etc.)
- Experience in automating tasks, we use Grunt and Gulp
- Experience with CSS3 (including post/pre-processors) and HTML5
- Experience with version control systems, ideally Git
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. Joining our team means you will be working on some cool projects and get the opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives. We also help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here.
We also have the following to all our employees:
- A fantastic, spacious office in central London (Oxford Circus)
- Tickets to exciting tech conferences across Europe
- Pool, Ping Pong, Foosball tables and morning yoga
- Plenty of drinks and snacks (both healthy and less so)
- Subsidised gym membership and restaurant discounts
- Cycle2Work scheme for great value bikes
- Various sports teams including football, running and climbing
- 25 days of paid holiday, plus UK public holidays, and an extra day+ 1 for your birthday
- Awesome winter and summer retreats for you to work from
The closing date for applications is 16th December 2017 – if you have any queries or want an informal chat to talk about this opportunity further please apply or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, please quote Job Reference Number FED006
Recent jobs at iwoca ltd
- Account Manager at iwoca ltd in London 04-04-2018
- Python Engineer at iwoca ltd in London 04-04-2018
- Customer Support Advisor at iwoca ltd in London 04-04-2018
- Data and Risk Engineer at iwoca ltd in London 04-04-2018
- Office Genie at iwoca ltd in London 17-04-2018