iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £400 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
*About the role*
At iwoca we are dedicated to building the smartest lending platform in the world as we believe that finance should be as simple, seamless and powerful as electricity. We like to use Agile(ish) processes, which means features or projects go live in days or weeks rather than months or years.
We are very fortunate to have a passionate and dedicated CTO / Co-founder who ensures that Tech is always at the forefront of the business so the work you do is always valued. You could be doing anything from working on our REST API, asynchronous processing, automated testing patterns or contributing to our underwriting tools.
We could include a load of technical acronyms here and tell you about all the greenfield projects you could be working on, but ultimately it is important for you to know that the environment here is always exciting, challenging and fast-paced. We believe in investing in research to find the best possible outcome.
Therefore we are looking for passionate developers with an eagerness to work in a collaborative environment to build an awesome product that will help SME’s across the world.
We run our Django-powered site on AWS, use asynchronous tools (Twisted, Celery) for time-consuming tasks and scientific libraries (numpy, scipy, pandas) for risk aspects. Application orchestration is done with Docker and Ansible and our monitoring is set up using StatsD, Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana.
* Experience developing Python (we use Python)*
* Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (ideally MongoDB and PostgreSQL)
* Knowledge of web frameworks (we use Django)
* Demonstrable experience creating robust, clever and scalable applications
* Experience doing it all: designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining
* Ability to manage projects, priorities, deadlines and deliverables (being autonomous is extremely important for us)
*If you don’t know Python but are familiar with programming languages like Erlang, Haskell, Scala, Lisp, Clojure, or F#, we would still be keen to hear from you.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
* A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
* Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
* A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
* Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
* Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
* Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
* Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
* Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
* Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
* Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
* 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
* The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
* Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance