at iwoca ltd in London
Who are we?
At iwoca, we are reinventing business finance: our mission is to help small businesses grow by offering them fast, flexible access to finance. Traditionally, banks have neglected Europe’s 20M+ SMEs because their processes were too slow, rigid and costly to serve them effectively. By using cutting-edge technology and harnessing more data, iwoca is developing new ways to provide fast and flexible access to credit and enabling our customers to flourish.
Since our launch in 2012 we’ve lent over £250m to 12,000 SMEs across Europe, from “one man bands” to multi-million pound businesses. Along the way we have built a leading technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun and vibrant team. Over the next decade we aim to provide financing to 1 million small businesses.
About the role:
At iwoca we are dedicated to building the smartest lending platform in the world as we believe that finance should be as simple, seamless and powerful as electricity. We like to use Agile(ish) processes, which means features or projects go live in days or weeks rather than months or years.
We are very fortunate to have a passionate and dedicated CTO / Co-founder who ensures that Tech is always at the forefront of the business so the work you do is always valued. You could be doing anything from working on our REST API, asynchronous processing, automated testing patterns or contributing to our underwriting tools.
We could include a load of technical acronyms here and tell you about all the greenfield projects you could be working on, but ultimately it is important for you to know that the environment here is always exciting, challenging and fast-paced. We believe in investing in research to find the best possible outcome.
Therefore we are looking for passionate developers with an eagerness to work in a collaborative environment to build an awesome product that will help SME’s across the world.
We run our Django-powered site on AWS, use asynchronous tools (Twisted, Celery) for time-consuming tasks and scientific libraries (numpy, scipy, pandas) for risk aspects. Application orchestration is done with Docker and Ansible and our monitoring is set up using StatsD, Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana.
- Experience developing Python (we use Python)*
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (ideally MongoDB and PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of web frameworks (we use Django)
- Demonstrable experience creating robust, clever and scalable applications
- Experience doing it all: designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining
- Ability to manage projects, priorities, deadlines and deliverables (being autonomous is extremely important for us)
*If you don’t know Python but are familiar with programming languages like Erlang, Haskell, Scala, Lisp, Clojure, or F#, we would still be keen to hear from you.
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. Joining our team means you will be working on some cool projects and get the opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives. We also help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here.
We also have the following to all our employees:
- A fantastic, spacious office in central London (Oxford Circus)
- Tickets to exciting tech conferences across Europe
- Pool, Ping Pong, Foosball tables and morning yoga
- Plenty of drinks and snacks (both healthy and less so)
- Subsidised gym membership and restaurant discounts
- Cycle2Work scheme for great value bikes
- Various sports teams including football, running and climbing
- 25 days of paid holiday, plus UK public holidays, and an extra day +1 for your birthday
- Awesome winter and summer retreats for you to work from
Recent jobs at iwoca ltd
- Account Manager at iwoca ltd in London 04-04-2018
- Customer Support Advisor at iwoca ltd in London 04-04-2018
- Data and Risk Engineer at iwoca ltd in London 04-04-2018
- Office Genie at iwoca ltd in London 17-04-2018