at Verado in London
WWW.WATCHR.CO.UK ● LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM ● ENGINEERING
Watchr.co.uk is the fastest growing marketplace to buy and sell watches and jewellery 100% online. Gone are the days of haggling for the best price with the salesman. Instead, Watchr makes the process simple, trustworthy and even fun! We combine a rigorous certification process, an industry-leading pricing algorithm, and the world’s best buying process to delight all our customers. Thanks to our great team, we’re changing the watch industry from the ground up.
Watchr is backed by top tier angel investors and family offices and raised a Seed round in December.
That’s us, let’s talk about you. Watchr is currently looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, and results oriented CTO. As CTO you will jump into the business by taking full ownership of building and scaling all product lines. You will build products from existing ideas, as well as developing new ideas based on your industry experience. You will build and lead a team of developers and engineers as well as further scale the tech and product development as the business evolves.
This position is exciting, requires excellence, and an entrepreneurial mindset. It provides responsibility and freedom to build and grow an innovative product. This will require you to act as both a strategic leader and a materialiser, with a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
This position is meant for those of you who challenge the status quo on a daily basis, seek and desire to radically change the inefficiencies in the world, and get what it means to build movements and not just machines.
- Full ownership of product strategy and roadmap
- Be part of the senior leadership and early founding team and drive the product vision of Watchr
- Guide and continually improve the development process
- Create and execute a detailed product roadmap
- Expand our product globally
- Setting and driving the strategy together the rest of team
- Work closely with business stakeholders to line up features for all products
- Decide the tech stack and be hands on in the coding of the product from scratch
- Impeccable academic background in Computer Science, Software Engineering and similar degrees from tier one universities (Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College, etc)
- Strong leadership experience within a successful tech start-up, building, managing and mentoring teams of 3+ people
- 5+ years of software developing experience in startups or lean, fast growing tech companies
- Experience working directly with CEO and investors with capability of communicating tech terminology to business partners
- Experience taking products global
- Willingness to be hands on and code autonomously
- Background in front-end development, back-end development, mobile app (Android & iOS), ecommerce / marketplace. Big Data & Pricing Algorithms a plus.
- Background in Engineering, Technology, Software development or Product
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on approach to business
- Experience with multiple software development processes and technology
- Experience developing comprehensive product roadmaps in complex multi-product environments
What We Are Offering
- Being part of the initial founding team with responsibilities and opportunities to significantly influence the strategy of the company
- Join a promising company with 2 years of track record, revenue generating, backed by leading investors.
- Lead the expansion for a high growth startup that is revolutionising a $30 Billion industry
- Learn and work with some of the best entrepreneurs
- An energetic team with flat hierarchy
- Great working atmosphere in an international environment
- Equity stake
- A fast-paced start-up experience in a high growth company.
- Work with a high-performance team who will fight beside you in the trenches to accomplish the amazing
Recent jobs at Verado
- Full Stack Remote Angular Developer at Verado in London 10-10-2018
- Social Media & Influencer Marketing Intern at Verado in London 02-11-2018