Customer Support Manager
at Elder in London
Elder (Elder.org) is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe – over 500% in the last 12 months, and we have no intention of slowing down. We are looking for an exceptionally talented and driven people to help us continue our momentum.
We believe that nobody should have to go into a care home unless they want to. 97% of people say they don’t want to end up in a care home, yet the vast majority of people receiving full time care end up shoe-horned into a solution they never wanted.
We’re building the alternative to the care home across the UK & Europe, and will help to reshape how society looks after the elderly.
Providing world class support is a core feature of our customer and carer experience. As a Customer Support Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading team of Customer Service Representatives and helping us shape, lead and develop various support initiatives to achieve our goal.
This is a managerial role so you must be KPI driven and have a focus on people development including training, coaching, hiring and personal development alongside continuous process improvement.
- Lead, motivate, hire and develop a high performing team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs
- Set up career development plans with a focus on continued development. You will be responsible for a growing team of people who are on the frontline, answering questions on behalf of our customers and carers.
- Work with other stakeholders to ensure your team is delivering an exceptional customer and carer experience and hitting individual and team KPIs.
- Monitor the performance of your team and provide constructive feedback on a consistent basis.
- Work closely with the Head of Customer Experience to drive continuous process improvements in order to help deliver a world-class experience for our customers and carers consistently.
- Be the go-to person when someone in your team has a question around processes and policies.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a high-volume and fast moving service-industry or customer support environment, including leading and developing teams.
- A bachelor’s degree from a leading University
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- A hands on approach to solving problems – nothing is beneath you.
- Optimistic with a strong ability to keep motivating a team of Customer Support Representatives
- A willingness to be available to support your team at weekends and holidays if a situation arises where it is needed.
- Competitive salary + stock options
- The rare opportunity to do something greater than creating yet another social media app. We’re going to change the lives of millions of people and their families.
- You’ll be joining a small but fast-growing team who value growth, effort, bold bets and having fun.
- Greenfield opportunity; You can shape the strategic direction of the company from day one
- Plenty of team lunches and socials.
- A very cool office just near Shoreditch, East London.