Sales Assistant Internship at exciting food tech start-up
at COLLECTIVfood in London
(₤10000 - ₤12000 per year)
Dear internship hunters that love the thrill of the chase,
We are offering two exciting 6 – 12 month internships to those who are keen to start a career in B2B sales and who have a proven interest in food and tech. The roles are available from early January and if successful, the candidates may be offered a full-time sales role after the internship.
Here is some information about our start-up, the roles we are looking for, what we are looking for in the right candidate and what you need to do if you would like to apply.
Intro to COLLECTIVfood – ‘Food Sourcing. Sorted.’
We have created a tech platform where restaurants can buy products from hundreds of independent food and drinks producers, on one easy-to-use platform. We’ve taken the fuss out of building long-term relationships with those producers. By bypassing the middleman and going directly to the source, we can offer a more efficient and therefore cheaper option for restaurants. The platform will save them both time and money and it is free for them to use.
We are a close-knit team of 6 people who are passionate about food and tech and who are eager to improve the restaurant supply chain industry. Jeremy is the founder and has created a fun, friendly, focused working culture that’s great to be a part of.
Sales Assistant Internship Roles
Both roles are pure sales. We are looking for people who enjoy the thrill of the chase. Who enjoy reaching out to new people. Who are friendly and approachable, yet persistent and never give up. Who enjoy emailing, talking on the phone and personalised communication.
We are looking for one intern for each of the restaurant and food producer sides of our marketplace. As in any start-up, you will get involved with a range of activities but the core roles will be based around the following activities:
- Sending initial and follow up emails, on behalf of the Sales Director, to target restaurant owners, head chefs, and operations managers, with the goal of getting new sales meetings for the Sales Director.
- Calling up and walking into restaurants to find out the names of key decision-makers in their businesses, so that we know who to send details about us to.
- Using our Salesforce platform to keep track of all target customers, messages, and progress.
Food Producer Side
- Approaching new food producers with cold calls and onboarding them onto our platform
- Understanding our quality criteria, values and which food producers we want to source from
- Working with the sales and diagnosis team to answer to potential customers’ needs
- Improving our knowledge of ingredients, production techniques, certifications and market trends
Your friends and peers would say the following things about you:
1. You love food, restaurants, and tech
2. You really enjoy the thrill of the chase
3. You love planning things, are super organised and love structure
4. Your attention to detail is second to none
5. You have an incredible memory for stories and peoples’ names
6. You believe it’s important to include that extra personalised touch in emails
7. You are always well turned out
8. You are always on time to social meet-ups
9. You are a numbers person
Benefits and Perks
- Full-time paid internship (£10,000-£12,000)
- Great office location – surrounded by restaurants, Hyde Park, and easily accessible transit.
- Collaborative office environment and the best team.
- Opportunity. So much opportunity.
If you would like to apply for one of the internships, please submit the following three components in your application:
- A cover note explaining a little about your background, relevant experience, why you think you’d be the right person for one of the roles and why COLLECTIVfood appeals to you.
- At the end of your cover note, please include a draft sales email to either a restaurant or a food producer, explaining how we can help them and asking for a meeting (if you want to do the restaurant one, let’s pretend the restaurant is called Hyde Park Pizza Kitchen and that the owner is called Fiona. If you want to do the food producer one, let’s pretend the producer is called Norfolk Pigs and that the owner is called Neil).
- Your CV
We look forward to hearing from you. We are holding a two stage interview process: the first round is a short informal interview, the second round is for technical testing.
If you are successful in gaining a first round interview, we will contact you by Thursday 14th December at the latest.
David (Sales Director)