Image Processing Engineer - London-based
at Oxford Heartbeat in London
(₤40000 - ₤45000 per year)
At Oxford Heartbeat we are developing an exciting new technology to help surgeons improve their planning of complex procedures and reduce the risk of dangerous complications for patients. We are looking for an image processing expert to join the team and contribute to the creation of our cutting-edge product.
You will be responsible for developing efficient algorithms to extract anatomical structures from medical scans and building 3D models for computer simulations of surgical procedures. You will work with the research and development team to build a smooth processing pipeline as part of software that will be used directly by clinicians. We are constantly expanding the product, so this will be a perfect opportunity to learn and grow. You’ll get a chance to use your technical expertise and knowledge to do something meaningful!
Building accurate anatomical models of patient blood vessel trees is at the core of our technology. We are looking for an expert who will drive method development based on the latest scientific advances and get involved in making strategic decisions about product development. Improving accuracy, efficiency, speed and robustness of image processing, segmentation, feature extraction and meshing are within the remit of the position. You will review literature, evaluate the methods, prototype, implement and test code to ensure continued improvement of the technology. Working closely with the rest of the research and development team, you will ensure seamless integration with the application and specific modules.
What we are looking for
• PhD / MSc in image processing (at least 2 years of experience)
• Demonstrable coding ability
What would be nice
• Experience with medical applications
• Familiarity with the DICOM format
• Peer-reviewed publications on image processing
• C# / Python coding skills
• Experience implementing automatic and semi-automatic segmentation
• Experience implementing surface/volume meshing algorithms
• Competitive salary
• Flexible work environment
• Choose your own laptop and equipment
• Conferences and training to expand your knowledge
• Being part of something meaningful – the code you will write will end up saving
patients’ lives for years to come