Full Stack Developer - InsurTech IoT - Equity offered
at Concirrus in London
Full Stack Developer – IoT
As a full stack developer joining our team you will drive prototyping development efforts, you will work closely with our head of innovation and product team to quickly output high quality proof of concepts in order that they may be validated within the fast paced insurtech market.
The role will involve interaction with stakeholders at all levels of the business in order to understand and communicate how ideas may be turned into well crafted, working prototypes and proof of concepts.
The opportunity affords the right candidate the ability to innovate, design and create in a rapid paced environment where the focus is functional output, speed and pragmatism over the normal prerequisites required in development of a production software product.
Concirrus provides intelligent insurtech software that transforms the way Marine and Motor insurers operate. We believe in a future where insurers translate complex raw data into intelligent, automated decisions that drive efficiency and profits, and our vision is to make this happen. Bringing together diverse data sources, we use leading edge analytics to derive new behavioural insight, building these insights into our customers’ decision-making process in order to reduce losses. We are currently working with some of the largest Marine insurers
in the world, and our Motor platform is used by Granite Underwriting.
Alongside our investment partners, Touchstone Innovations, we are using connected technologies in a
visionary new way to revolutionise the way insurance works forever and are about to embark on an ambitious expansion programme.
We hope you can join us.
You should be a well versed full stack developer with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
You will have a keen eye for design and be innovative by nature.
You will be an integral part of our Innovation team and therefore the ability to communicate effectively is essential, you should have a desire to be pro-actively involved in the validation of product / innovation feature ideas.
Pragmatism, adaptability and collaboration is essential in this role, you will be required to create functioning prototypes of concepts or ideas from minimal specifications other than internal discussion and design mockups. This gives you the opportunity to be creative in your output but also requires that you can take initiative where needed.
- 3+ years commercial development experience
- Proficient understanding of web application development best practices and architecture
- Strong comprehension of responsive design
- Experience working with Web Services / APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Understanding of database technologies (MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Working knowledge of environments such as Node.js
- Knowledge of frameworks (JQuery, Vue, Bootstrap, Angular, React)
- Ability to identify and adopt new technologies to increase efficiency
- Results oriented and able to complete tasks on deadline with minimum supervision
- Experience in Agile development environment
- Understanding of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Keen eye for design
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the Java stack (Spring, Apache libraries and common frameworks)
- Internet of Things experience
- Insurance domain knowledge
- Use of Jira / Confluence
- Knowledge of templating (Handlebars, Mustache)
- Experience graphing technologies (D3, Plotly, HighCharts)
- Geo-data mapping experience
Competitive Salary, Stock Options, 5% Pension, 25 days holiday, plus other benefits