Consumer Insights Manager
at Elder in London
(₤30000 - ₤35000 per year)
Elder (Elder.org) is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe – over 500% in the last 12 months, and we have no intention of slowing down.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented and driven Event Manager to help us continue our momentum.
We believe that nobody should have to go into a care home unless they want to.
97% of people say they don’t want to end up in a care home, yet the vast majority of people receiving full time care end up shoe-horned into a solution they never wanted.
We’re building the alternative to the care home across the UK & Europe, and will help to reshape how society looks after the elderly.
We are a tight-knit, talented London based team, backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, having raised a Seed and Series A round in the last 9 months. We have experience of founding start-ups like Mopp and backgrounds from companies including Google, Uber, JustEat, Graze, Ocado, Handy, Shazam and Zipcar.
Putting the consumer at the heart of the business, is not the norm in the care industry. We aim to change that.
To do this we need to better understand the consumer, their motivations, and the wider market context. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for somebody with a strong understanding of general market insight principles and strategies, including in environments where access to market intelligence information is hard to find. This is a newly created role is designed to help us take our consumer and market understanding to the next level. You will be responsible for identifying knowledge gaps (there are a lot!), building plans to close them, then rolling your sleeves and getting stuck in.
We are not afraid to invest in order to uncover insights that will give us a competitive edge in delivering the best possible service to our customers. That said, we are a start-up, so you have to be willing to balance bigger ticket projects with scrappy techniques to uncover the gems of information you seek.
- Define insight gaps and research needs against strategic priorities, and put in place plans to address.
- Lead research plans and ensure that key insights are communicated through the business and be the champion of turning these insights into momentum shifting actions.
- Proactively defining opportunities for growth by unleashing deep consumer and cultural insights.
- Be the constant champion of the consumer, ensuring that this ethos is lived by everyone within the business
Working with the Marketing Director to shape 3 year strategic plans
- Hands on experience in a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research and insight methodologies, from which you can extract key learnings and insights which can be turned into recommendations the business can act on.
- Specifically you’ll ideally you will have a track record of moderating groups and conducting depths.
- Ad hoc research project experience
- Analytical, logical and able to break down complex problems
- You’ll be joining as employee #34.
- Competitive salary
- Any and all equipment needed (Macbook etc)
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays).
- Office right in the heart of Shoreditch