Customer Operations Advisor
at Loot in London
Loot is on a mission to empower young people in the UK to know more about their spending, so they can do more with their money. Our goal is to become the leading millennial current account.
You’ll be joining a highly driven and passionate team who are dedicated to delivering a product that makes a difference to our users’ everyday lives.
What We Value
Collaboration – When we work across teams, we’re unstoppable.
Openness – Informed people make better decisions and have a greater impact.
Impact – We use data, research and critical thinking to maximise impact.
Curiosity – We’re not afraid to ask anyone ‘why’ or to challenge the status quo.
Compassion – We do everything with a level of empathy and trust; we listen, we communicate openly and set clear expectations.
You’ll get the chance to be a part of the operations team here at Loot, where we get involved with a variety of different things! The ops team are responsible for making sure the company keeps up-and-running, by ensuring we tackle high-risk situations around compliance and financial crime. We work hard with our 3rd party suppliers to build and sustain good relationships. We bring improvements to our products by allowing room for new features to be made. Most importantly, you’ll be a part of the Customer team, where we aim to deliver high-class customer support to everyone who uses our app.
About the role
Loot is a fast growing and exciting finance company based in London. We’re launching a brand new product this month, and we’re expecting an explosive user growth. We’re looking for someone intuitive and ‘on the ball’ who can help our Customer Support team provide awesome service to our booming customer base. As a Customer Support Advisor, you will help ensure Loot users are listened to and taken care of at all times.
Each day, you’ll be:
- Talking directly to a customer who either has a quick question, or their financial world is falling down around them
- Getting involved with the daily operational tasks
- The first person to hear if something is going wrong. You’ll need to prioritise any issues and deliver them to the relevant teams
- Promoting our customer focus across the whole team
- Sharing feedback of experiences you have had with our customers
- Contributing to Loot’s growth by supporting our expanding customer base
- Working closely with the Operations team
- Delivering outstanding service to all of our customers, through online chat and over the phone
- Ensuring the quality of the service given by the team is sustained at high levels at all times
- Monitoring feedback and ensuring it gets to the right member of the team
- Flexibility: every day will be different, the role operates with some shift work which includes working set times over weekends and evenings, you’d be working in 14:00-23:00 shift
- Previous Customer Service/Support roles preferable
- Ability to write in flawless English
- Be proactive to make the Customer Service team more efficient
- Be friendly, approachable, and empathetic to all situations
- Interest in getting experience in the FinTech/banking sector
- BONUS: Good at Mario Kart!
PLEASE NOTE: Loot will only accept applications from candidates legally allowed to work in the UK. We will not be providing visa sponsorships for this role.
We are particularly focused on developing a more diverse workplace to reflect the users of our app. If you have the right attitude, are proactive and a very skilled persuader then we’d like to hear from you.
- Talented and leading; we like having a team of great people that can learn from and be inspired by each other
- Collaboration is key; there’s no such thing as pulling rank here
- A balance of focus and motivation with chill out and fun
- Fun and exciting FinTech Startup, supported by industry professionals
- Endless supply of freshly ground coffee and EBT (English Breakfast Tea)
- Employee options scheme
- Market-rate salaries
- Nice, high-spec tech setup
- Yes, we do have a ping pong table!
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to your CV, please submit the answers to the following questions. Please be informed that we won’t consider an application with your CV only. We care about your experience, but we are more interested in your attitude and passion.
- We have an issue with our cards which has stopped any transactions from being processed. Our customers are upset and frustrated. A customer sends a message telling us how embarrassed and angry they are that their card was declined because of this – how would you respond to their message?
- What excites you about working in a startup?