Senior Research Analyst - Berlin
at Brandwatch in Brighton
A fast growing and important element of Brandwatch’s work is to offer bespoke insights reports to our clients, providing strategic recommendations about their brands, competitors and industries. This role sits in the Research Services team, reporting to the Research Manager (RM). Our team’s mission is to enable clients to use social research to understand their customers and markets, and to make better, data led decisions. The analysis skills needed are largely qualitative; it is important that the candidate is skilled in interpreting meaning from textual data. The successful candidate will be commercially minded, and able to demonstrate that they can understand consumer motivations and translate these into suggested actions for a business.
We are hiring a new Senior Research Analyst to join our Insights team and help us produce high quality and insightful reports, as well manage some of our larger research projects and ongoing relationships.
- Senior analysts will be involved in leading client relationships with larger clients, in scoping/designing methodologies and will be more client facing
- Develop clear and engaging research proposals following a customized client brief. Writing bespoke one-off and regular reports, working with account managers to ensure delivery is on time, on budget and to client’s satisfaction
- Present your research back to the client (both face to face and over the phone) and hold Q&A sessions regarding your work
- Project manage on-going and ad hoc research projects for some of our largest, strategic accounts, with assistance from RM.
- Suggesting and creating compelling research for sales collateral, our blog, industry events and so on
Staying up to date with the social media industry, in particular news relating to new analytical ideas and methodologies
- Continually seek to identify, suggest and implement improvements both to the Brandwatch Platform and our research methodologies.
- Collaborate closely with customer success managers to ensure strong client relationships, actively suggesting research additions and improvements and providing regular updates and feedback.
- Manage and oversee validators and translators when required
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the team
Skills you will learn:
- Excellent understanding of market research and social media
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills (trend spotting, data exploration and methodology awareness)
- Advanced proficiency using Brandwatch and MS suites to address client needs
- Strong business writing and communication skills, to support client needs
- Excellent presentation skills
- Become well versed in the major channels and sites in social media.
- Calm under pressure and collaborative in their working style.
- Highly organised and capable of managing workload and meeting deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- 2 years experience in a commercial research environment, ideally with some exposure to working with social media data.
- Experience in data/statistical analysis, with the ability to highlight the interesting/actionable finding in a broad and complex dataset.
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly explain complex ideas and data, both verbally with clients and in written reports.
- Commercially minded and comfortable talking with clients.
- A good level of competency in Excel (including formulas & charting), Word and PowerPoint
- Client account management or research sales experience preferred.
- The ability to quickly pick up use of new technologies
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution, childcare vouchers and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 6 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Berlin is a dynamic and buzzy office just a short ride to the centre of the city. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi lunches, and weekly breakfast. With a number of world-class shops and restaurants a stones throw away, there is plenty to keep you busy on your lunch hour.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Recent jobs at Brandwatch
- Data Infrastructure Engineer - Brighton at Brandwatch in Brighton 10-04-2018
- Java Developer - Brighton at Brandwatch in Brighton 10-04-2018
- Graduate Network Engineer (2018 start) - Brighton at Brandwatch in Brighton 10-04-2018
- Java Developer - Stuttgart at Brandwatch in Brighton 10-04-2018
- Senior PostgreSQL Database Administrator at Brandwatch in Brighton 11-04-2018