Do you speak fluent English, Japanese and C# .NET? | Tokyo (JAPAN)
at Mongoose Gray in London
($110000 per year)
Hello. We are a well-established, high-growth, investor-backed consulting firm. Very much boutique, with an almost startup-like approach and feel, we have big company ambitions. And a track record to prove it.
Tech-savvy, innovative, entrepreneurial, collaborative. Our consultants are fiercely loyal and this is borne out by a very low attrition rate.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?
- Imagine owning the proof of concept, design, architecture, development and delivery of client solutions.
- Imagine engaging with developers, business analysts, change professionals, project managers and other stakeholders.
- Imagine being the face of the firm, showcasing solutions, outlining benefits, identifying future business opportunities.
- Imagine using your business acumen to ensure technical implementations are fit for purpose.
WHAT’S INTERESTING ABOUT THE ROLE?
In many ways you will feel like your own boss. You will need to be independent, adaptable and able to travel extensively throughout APAC and at times, globally, to client sites. The role will bring lots of autonomy and flexibility including a significant opportunity for remote working.
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES?
If you enjoy the formal structure of a corporate environment then this is not for you. You will need be self-motivated and versatile enough to wear multiple hats i.e. consultant, project manager, business analyst, technician, mentor, advisor. You will have a network of consultants to support you in the early days but thereafter you will be expected to stand on your own two feet.
WHAT’S MY BACKGROUND?
You come from a technical hands-on development (.NET, Java, C# or similar) environment but now operate in a more strategic, consultative, client-facing role which might encompass disciplines such as solution architecture, business analysis, project management and the like.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting success story and to grow with a firm that has world-class ambitions. In many ways progression will be exactly what you make it.
WHAT TECHNICAL SKILLS WILL I NEED?
- Programming background in .NET, Java, C# or similar.
- An understanding of object-orientated, structured development methodologies.
WHAT BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE WILL I NEED?
- Good understanding of project management, software development life cycles, structured programming methods and controls.
- An affinity for consulting, business analysis, change management, process re-engineering, business transformation.
- Prior experience of designing and implementing documented, supportable and extensive developments for clients.
- Able to solve business and technical challenges by using innovative and well-planned approaches.
- Highly personable, engaging, client-facing, confident, credible, articulate, consultative, affable, charismatic.
- Gravitas and credibility to face off to senior business stakeholders, able to instil confidence.
- Sixth sense for identifying, troubleshooting and remediating issues, both business and technical.
- Sound commercial nous coupled with excellent stakeholder management skills and a strong technical background.
- Able to tailor a message to the audience, combined with exceptional presentation skills.
- International outlook and exposure, you will most likely have worked abroad at some point.
- Bilingual Japanese/English skills are essential.
JPY 12,000,000 + excellent benefits + share options.
Please apply including a copy of your CV and cover letter (yes we’re a bit old school like that). We look forward to hearing from you.
Recent jobs at Mongoose Gray
- Swap your Panamax for a Riva. Opportunities in Management Consulting. at Mongoose Gray in London 24-12-2017
- Cyber Security Consultant. Microsoft Tech Stack. GBP 75,000 + bonus + stock options. at Mongoose Gray in London 24-12-2017
- Pssst! are we on the same page? Ruby Developer / Product Owner | Digital Media. at Mongoose Gray in London 16-02-2018