at Growth Street Ltd in London
(₤40000 - ₤50000 per year)
We are looking for a passionate product person to help us build a next-generation business banking platform. Growth Street’s core product is a small business line of credit we call GrowthLine, funded via an innovative investor marketplace. Our technology platform enables us to deliver this to customers with greater efficiency, but our product is not limited to software.
You should care deeply about understanding customers and delivering a great product which meets their needs. As a Product Owner, you will engage stakeholders across the business to gather requirements and design product enhancements. You will work with our engineering team to deliver new features and improvements to our core platform. As part of the implementation of product features, you will generate supporting material and information required for marketing, training, and customer support. Moreover, you will be the evangelist for your product, and contribute to wider product strategy within the business.
About Growth Street
We are on a mission to create a new kind of financial service. Growth Street is building a business banking platform to support the 5 million SMEs that power Britain.
We’re passionate about helping businesses maximise their potential, making applying for credit as quick and easy as possible. We have crafted an efficient marketplace for both borrowers and lenders, so they can get a better deal and a better service than the banks can offer. We are not a bank, and we are far more than an alternative lender. We are something better.
- Use customer feedback and input from stakeholders to build product requirements
- Work with Engineering to turn requirements into user stories, and gather estimates for delivery
- Curate and maintain a backlog of product requests and improvements
- Address issues and challenges with the product, and make plans to address them
- Ensure product features and changes are high-quality and meet customer needs
- Track and report on product-specific KPIs, and use them to help drive to priority
- Work with the product team to feed into the wider product strategy, raising ideas and opportunities when you see them
All candidates should:
- Have 2+ years of experience in a product role with an online technology platform
- Be enthusiastic about understanding customers, their challenges, and delivering solutions
- Know what good product design looks like, why it’s important, and how to achieve it; doesn’t have to be a designer, but knows when design expertise is required to deliver a great product
- Be capable of strong, clear communication: visual, written and verbal
- Understand using data to make decisions, and rather than opinions and instincts
- Communicate well with engineers and more technical team members
- Enjoy problem solving and taking ownership of new challenges
- Have a passion for continuous learning and growth
A standout candidate may (these are not required):
- Be interested in or experienced with finance and/or small business
- Have prior experience in a fast-paced environment like a startup
- Know at least one programming language
- Have a design background
We strive to make Growth Street a fantastic place to work, and are proud of our growing, diverse team of driven individuals who have a passion for our mission to help small businesses grow.
Key benefits of this role include:
- A competitive salary: £40,000 – £50,000 p.a. depending on experience
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- Generous training, equipment and IT budget
- The tools you require to get the job done
- A strong and clear company culture, focused on growth
- Participation in an employee equity scheme
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays
- The role is based from our London offices. We are located 5 minutes from Liverpool Street and 3 minutes from Aldgate tube station.
Growth Street recruits the best talent from around the world: 40% of the team started life outside the UK. We are an equal opportunities employer.