Full Stack Dev
at ForestCar in London
(₤35000 - ₤50000 per year)
Equity: 0.5% – 2%
Do you love travelling? Do you care deeply about tackling climate change? Do you think the sharing economy is the future? Then you’re in the right place!
ForestCar is a car sharing service for airports. We offer car owners free airport parking in exchange for renting out their vehicles while they’re away. We are called ‘ForestCar’ because we invest a share of our revenues to plant trees. Lots and lots of trees.
There are three times as many cars parked at airports than rental cars. If people were able to share their cars while they are away, we could eliminate the need for dedicated rental cars.
We are just closing our first round of funding and are eager to expand our team. We are currently participating in an accelerator program that will run until the middle of May. You will be joining as a member of the core team and help us to lay the foundations for a service that ultimately makes sharing your car so convenient, it becomes a no-brainer.
The task ahead
We are just closing our first round of funding and are eager to expand our team. We have been selected for an accelerator program that will run from February to May 2018. You will be joining as a member of the core team and help us to lay the foundations for a service that ultimately makes sharing your car so convenient, it becomes a no-brainer.
- Take part in designing and building our service from the ground up
- Work closely together in a small dev team of 2-3 to begin with consisting of our CTO Felix, part time FrontEnd/ Design/ UX experts, and you
- Be a jack of all trades and learn new things quickly
- Be flexible and transition smoothly from mainly BackEnd to occasional bursts of FrontEnd (ratio TBD)
- Have a strong focus on user experience and security
- Constantly improve our use of modern technology while finding the right balance between elegant code and getting stuff done
- Help building a robust and scalable backend that does not only serve our frontend but also allows us to integrate with several 3rd party APIs
- Deploy and maintain our services
- Help grow our team
- Create a culture of improvement, purpose, openness and diversity
Your exact tasks can be defined together according to your strengths. Our stack currently includes but is not limited to:
- Node, ES6, Express, MongoDB
- Webpack, Babel
- You enjoy responsibility and want to be part of core decisions
- You are adaptable and uncertainty in a quickly changing working environment excites you
- You are hungry to learn, passionate about your own professional development and not afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
- You are an enthusiastic communicator who feels encouraged by critical feedback and not offended
- You demand autonomy and are able to prioritise efficiently even in times without clear direction from the outside
- You are passionate about the things that you build and want to create beautiful code that at the same time solves real word problems
- You care about social and environmental challenges and have the ambition to be part of something truly impactful
We need someone who can be a productive team member very quickly. We are primarily looking for developers with a few years of professional experience, but recognise that brilliant people come from different backgrounds. So if you think you have what it takes, please send us your application!
Let’s plant some trees.