Professional Services Consultant
at Concreteplatform, Inc in New York
($60000 per year)
Concrete’s cloud-based platform and suite of applications inform, empower and enable positive and rapid business process transformation; our clients realise faster time to market, greater process efficiency, full brand control, and enhanced shareholder value. Fast and easy to deploy, and supported by our Concrete Continuous Care (C3) service, Concrete’s Software as a Service (SaaS) offering enables true-value, results-based collaboration for your workforce, partners, stores, vendors and customers – all with little to no IT, deployment or training investment.
Used globally across the Retail industry, Concrete is expanding into new markets and is on a mission to make it easier, faster, more profitable, and more efficient to work on the Web. Some of our current clients include GAP, Bath and Body Works, Kate Spade & Co., L’Oreal, Calvin Klein, and Vans. For more information visit http://www.concreteplatform.com.
• Our clients’ success is always our first priority
• The quality of our service as well as our software helps ensure our customers success
• Fast-paced, dynamic and agile environment
• We like big picture thinkers with an eye for detail
Concrete seeks a dynamic and engaging individual to join Concrete’s Professional Services team as a Professional Services Consultant. You will engage with clients in Retail and other industries, providing presales, discovery, configuration, implementation and on-boarding services for new and existing clients. You will also provide second line support services to help triage any break fix issues that are raised by our client base.
Based in Concrete’s New York office, with domestic and international travel as required, you will work with prospective and existing clients, driving the engagement of Concrete within their business.
Reporting directly to a UK-based Senior Professional Services Consultant, but with additional guidance from, and supporting the activities of, the VP North America and UK based Chief Commercial Officer; you will engage in and support the following activities and objectives:
• Working with Concrete Sales and Account Managers, help respond to RFIs and RFPs
• Configure Concrete platform and applications for demos
• Attend and lead pre-sales discovery workshops, develop Statements of Work and other supporting documentation to help close new business
• You own and direct the project – from start to finish
• Working with and at the direction of Concrete Account Managers and Concrete Product Managers, conduct workshops to gather and document client business processes, and identify, rationalise, communicate and exploit opportunities to simplify and leverage existing business processes using Concrete platform and applications
• Working with client resources, develop Project Plans and deliver projects to Implementation Timelines and Milestones, on time and within budget
• Configure Concrete platform and applications to specification
• Manage implementation and project sign-off with client PM and Business Sponsors
• Train Concrete Admin users
• From Go Live, you will continue to support the client with Concrete Continuous Care (C3),
• This work can be anything from additional training, onboarding additional departments, new projects or further consultation
• You will also offer second line support to triage issues reported by clients and capture them within our reporting tools
• Report on and account for North American PS activity streams and metrics
• Support the growth of the Concrete North America PS team
Skills and Experience
You will have demonstrable experience (at least 4-5 years) in successfully delivering Web-based technology projects to large corporations, including multinationals, with advanced skills in:
• Leading and documenting Business Process and Analysis workshops
• Writing Functional Specifications
• Set-up and configuration of enterprise software
• Project, Change and Time Management
• Digital Asset Management, Content Management, User Permissions, Data Modelling
• Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Adobe Photoshop, Project and Visio
You keep abreast of emerging technologies and trends and are knowledgeable of and conversant in existing Web technologies, particularly as they apply to the SaaS delivery model. While no coding or programming is involved, the position requires a solid grounding in Digital Asset Management, Content Management and User Management software, technology, tools and principles.
You are a fluent English speaker with a strong command of the language, capable and confident when communicating verbally and in writing, from users to board members.
You are organised, detail-oriented, independent and self-motivated, and communicate clearly and regularly with clients and co-workers alike, making use of relevant technologies like chat and web conferencing to support an effective remote consulting model.
• Relevant degree, coursework and/or work experience in Web technology and/or Retail/Business Administration
• Min 4-5 years’ experience in client-facing, Web-based consulting roles, ideally with some experience working for a start-up or small to medium sized enterprise.
• Experience modelling, configuring and implementing Digital Asset Management (DAM) and/or Content Management Software (CMS) applications
• Knowledge of SaaS models, Agile principles
• Strong Negotiating and Customer-facing skills
• Strong English speaking and writing skills
• Strong Project Management skills (Agile desirable)
• Willingness and ability to travel, sometimes at short notice
• The ability to legally work in the USA and travel freely, NA and EU in particular – Concrete will not provide or sponsor visas
• Retail POS and stock data handling, Procurement
• SOAP/XML, REST/JSON
• Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Store Design, Planning
• Experience in the Retail sector
While the SaaS service delivery model relies strongly on remote support, face-to-face client engagements and occasional domestic and international travel is required – you must be ready and willing to travel, at times with short notice – this is a consulting role.
Based in Concrete’s New York offices, with flexibility to work off-premises, travel as noted.
Market rates, particulars TBC.