Full Stack Engineer
at SuperAwesome in London
What you’ll do
You will join one of our product teams taking care of AwesomeAds, PopJam, and KWS and you’ll be responsible for various product components, driving both innovation and performance on the technology front.
In addition you will ensure all product components are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production), deliver products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently, and work with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
- Work with team members to design and implement new services and features for the product
- Commit to high-speed iterations, high code quality, and continuous improvement via agile processes
- Provide production support, system diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Support and be a critical part our dev-ops culture
You’re a fire-starter who can clearly demonstrate your ability to be proactive without direct supervision.
You like working in an agile development environment and get stuff done together with your team.
You’re flexible and adaptable, to changing situations and responsibilities.
You are proficient in backend and frontend development, and you have experience developing large and complex web applications and building high throughput systems with microservices and/or event-driven architectures and both relational and non-relational databases.
Some technologies we use
Angular, Redux, Node.js, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, Memcached, Redis, Kafka, AWS
SuperAwesome (@GoSuperAwesome) is the largest kids’ digital media platform in the world, reaching over 500M kids each month across mobile, web and online video. The company’s technology powers the global kids’ digital media ecosystem, ensuring kid-safe advertising, safe-social, family authentication and COPPA compliance for hundreds of brands and agencies around the world including LEGO, Warner Bros, Hasbro, Disney, Nintendo, Cartoon Network and many others.
About Our Products
- AwesomeAds is the industry’s leading kid-safe, COPPA-compliant ad platform used by hundreds of brands and agencies in the UK, US, Australia and Southeast Asia.
- REX is the world’s first and only kid-safe, compliant programmatic solution empowering brands to engage with kids via their existing programmatic infrastructure while remaining fully compliant with COPPA and GDPR.
- PopJam is the world’s leading kid-safe social content platform used by top brands and YouTubers in the US, UK and Canada including Nintendo, Disney, Kellogg’s and many others.
- Kids Web Services (KWS) provides compliance-as-a-service tools for kids’ content creators and is used by companies like Hasbro, Hachette and Walker Books to power international, kid-safe sites and apps.
We are looking for full-stack developers to join the company and scale our development efforts across the board.
What we offer
You’ll be joining the 1st fastest growing tech company in UK , a team having recently closed their Series B investment with a lot of experience, a serious track record and an awesome team atmosphere. You’ll have a genuine opportunity to learn and grow through clear direction and hands-on mentorship from an experienced Senior Management team. You’ll also get hands-on experience leading our communities and reporting insights to the wider team and clients.
Salary and package will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Q: Are you open to remote work?
- A: Yes, we are very flexible with remote work. We have people commuting in a few times a week from outside London as well as people flying in a week each month from abroad. To facilitate cooperation we are limiting our team’s timezones to UTC (London time) to UTC+2 (Eastern European time).
- Q: Which team is this position open for?
- A: Currently we are hiring for all the product teams. Our hiring process aims to get a clear picture of your strengths and weaknesses, so once you’re onboard you will join the team that fits your skills the most.
- Q: What does the interviewing process look like?
- A: Our process starts with a code test assignment to do on your own, then you’ll have a video call with our engineers to discuss your implementation, and eventually you will be invited for an on-site interview.
- Q: I don’t know Node.js/Angular/[specific technology], should I apply anyway?
- A: We believe a good engineer can pick up any new technology in a reasonable amount of time, therefore you can use any language you’re familiar with for completing the codetest. As soon as you join you will have an onboarding plan tailored around you, challenging and bringing you up to speed.