Subject Matter Expert - Accounting
at Capium in London
(₤35000 per year)
Capium is an online (cloud) shared central services platform; designed for accountants to carry out their daily tasks, whilst collaborating with clients and staff. We are the latest solution provider for accountants, by providing all the major services they offer through one platform, as well as collaborative features. We simplify an accountant’s life!
Who says the accounting sector is boring?! With the onset of Fintech coming in waves, this area is going through some exciting changes! Capium is primed to be one of the most exciting companies within this space. Our tremendous growth path since launch now allows us to accelerate our pace following completion of our investment round. We continue to strive to make our product even better!
You will join our entrepreneurial family, working independently and as part of the team and experience a role where you will have a major influence on the next direction we take.
For this reason we’re looking for a Subject Matter Expert with full knowledge of the UK’s accountancy practice sector, to work closely with our clients and legislative bodies (HMRC and Companies House) to implement latest changes fast. You will lead this with our development team to initiate quick iterations & prioritisation of initiatives, which identify & capitalise on areas of improvement. You need to dream big so they can become a reality.
The role will involve managing the change requirements through a methodical delivery process, whilst evaluating the impact to the current platform. This role needs someone that can think outside of the box and transform requirements into innovative and exciting solutions whether it is a service and/or a product.
You will be responsible for translating the impact of new legislation changes into a language understood by the development manager, in relation to calculations and new updates. You primary role will be to stay on top of changes happening within the industry and constructively feedback to the company on the impact this will have.
A fantastic role for an accountant, who’s looking to make a difference to the industry and raise their profile!
You will be the first point of contact with our clients on further suggestions, whilst working closely with HMRC and Companies House on the impact of any legislation changes affecting the UK accounting industry. This is a role which will work closely with the management team, as well as be front line with HMRC and our clients.
Accounting background is essential and preferably in the practice space.
You should possess:-
- Accountancy qualified with at least 2 years experience in managing, year-end accounts, management accounts, accounts filing to Company House. Accounts and CT600 filing to HMRC.
- Must have experience in dealing with VAT computation, PAYE and Auto Enrolment.
- Must have experience in dealing with SA100, SA800 and SA900 with HMRC.
- Must have knowledge of the various IFRS reporting standards.
- Must have a real-time experience of dealing with 64-8, CIS and P11D with HMRC.
- Should have experience of preparation of budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Should have knowledge of cash flow forecasting.
- Good understanding of the Corporation Tax process is essential.
- Must be agile in HMRC and Accounting Compliance knowledge
Be able to work in an exciting but small team in the UK, as well our off-shore team.
Be totally proficient in MS Office and demonstrate your passion and experience in UK accounting.
Have excellent written English with the ability to write copy
If you want to make a difference, instead of being a cog in the system, contact us now with your CV and let’s start making that impact together.
Recent jobs at Capium
- Sales / Customer Success Associate at Capium in London 16-01-2018
- Inside Sales Desk Associate at Capium in London 09-02-2018