at flatfair in London
This is a unique opportunity to join a founding team and impact every renter in the UK through exciting and highly rewarding work.
We expect more people renting than ever before. That’s why we believe renting should be more affordable and accessible. We are a young and innovative startup company solving an affordability problem by offering deposit-free renting to millions of Tenants across the UK – with lots more exciting stuff to come.
We have built a core team and a product we are proud of, raised significant start capital and partnered with UK’s largest independent letting agency.
An opportunity to join a young start-up company and develop and maintain the visual language of flatfair across all our products digital (web, mobile) and print. This is a part-time job with the potential to becoming a full-time.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Develop and maintain the visual language of flatfair across all our products digital (web, mobile) and print.
- Advocate for clean and consistent design, no matter who you’re talking to. You’ll be the guardian of our UI patterns, brand and style guides and will teach others why they’re important.
- Delivering high-standard visual designs and user-flows that simplify complex problems.
- Use customer feedback and user research to create user-centered designs.
- Work alongside product teams team to seek, receive and give feedback.
- Contribute to the design culture and the evolving style guide.
- Oversee the visual design and implementation process from concept to delivery, take ownership and responsibility for all visual design aspects.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Experience as a user interface designer or similar role.
- Experience in designing for the web
- An online portfolio of work, showing great user-centric design solutions
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools, including: Sketch, Adobe CC Suite, Invision and Balsamiq.
- You are able to produce pixel perfect assets for multiple devices and platforms
- Understanding of best practices in web design and usability principles.
- HTML and CSS understanding is a plus.