Lead Product Design Engineer
at recyclabox in London
(₤40000 - ₤60000 per year)
Lead Design Engineer
Millions of people every year replace their phone, upgrade their tablets or stop watching a DVD. However, for most, the existing avenues for selling unwanted electronics are cumbersome and inconvenient.
recyclabox is an ambitious technology company that has developed an automated kiosk to revolutionise the way consumers sell old electronics.
Our customers bring their unwanted items to their nearest machine, follow the simple on-screen instructions, and deposit their items in the kiosk. The process is intuitive and takes less than 5 minutes from start to finish.
The item is verified within 2 working days, and payment is sent directly to their account.
After overwhelming success launching recyclabox in Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, a national roll out to 500+ locations is underway.
What’s the opportunity?
You will be transforming the recyclabox from a prototype kiosk to a professionally engineered, aesthetically beautiful, awe-inspiring machine, capable of being produced in large batches, quickly and cost-effectively.
You will lead the design and engineering of the recyclabox re-design. This involves utilising the original design concepts and applying a fresh brief to focus on the following areas:
• Manufacture efficiency; large-scale production, assembly deployment
• Testing and on-going maintenance
• Additional technical and user enhancements, specifically aesthetics, mechanics and user offering.
You will lead a team of electrical and software engineers to complete the project and collaborate with a supply chain specialist to ensure there is a cohesive thread from design to manufacture.
• Liaise with Directors to develop a framework for delivering the recyclabox re-design.
• Collaborate with electrical and software engineers to facilitate re-design to the brief provided.
• Use knowledge to inform design decisions which impact manufacturing, i.e. best materials for production at scale, reliability etc.
• Create scheduling and delivery plans for design completion.
What skills and experience do you need?
This role is only suitable for ambitious, talented engineers that are eager to lead a team and create world-class products.
Preferred candidates will have:
• Degree in relevant field, (e.g. Mechanical Engineering or product design with manufacturing focus)
• Detailed knowledge of the design process, with experience designing commercial products, from concept to manufacture
• Understanding of best practices for design to mass-manufacture
• Experience with electronics and motorised systems
• High growth, young, well-funded company
• Competitive salary with possible bonus and share options
• Brilliant, passionate and hard-working colleagues
• Entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to explore the role
• Shoreditch office with plenty of staff socials
If the thought of working with a passionate, considerate team and designing products that millions of people will experience and value, appeals to you … please apply.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.