at PeoplePerHour in London
Are you an experienced GDPR practitioner looking for your next contract?
If yes, we are looking for you!
You’ll work with us to identify, map out and document all areas of the business to ensure the business is compliant in readiness for the GDPR changes fast approaching in May 2018.
PeoplePerHour is Europe’s leading online freelancing marketplace. We are revolutionaries debunking the archaic 9-to-5 work model. We are a purpose-driven business. Everything we do stems from our desire to empower people around the world to do what they love and live the dream of being independent, professionally and financially. With a vibrant community of more than 1M people, we connect talented experts with savvy businesses that search for the right skills to get the Job Done; quickly and cost-effectively. We work tirelessly to improve our community; not one day is the same and we grab opportunities with both hands and go after it fast.
Ten years into our journey it still feels as if it’s day one. The freelance economy is still at its infancy. And we believe it will fundamentally change the way companies – large and small – work and think about their HR function. That is why we are reinvesting organic profits into breaking out into new sectors and segments. Our newly launched product, Talentdesk.io, is the enterprise solution to manage temporary and permanent workforce in a more efficient and cost-effective way.
We have aggressive growth and innovation plans and we want you to be part of them!
Our company culture matters more than anything to us. We want to hire people who share our core values. You will fit right in if you are someone who:
Loves Brutal Honesty
- Hates sugar-coating
- Hates pointing fingers
- Hates fluffing. Says it like it is with brutal honesty
Acts like an owner
- Doesn’t sit around waiting to be told what to do
- Is selfless: don’t just cover your own back. Always put yourself last
- Cares about the business and its overall success
- Picks garbage off the floor
- Do what you say and commit to. Gets it done!
- Resourceful and scrappy. Doesn’t need handholding. Will find a way
- Goal orientated. Sets and hits targets
Constantly raises the bar
- Is curious and inquisitive. Always questioning: how can we do this better?
- Finds ways to improve the status quo
- Goes above and beyond what’s given to him/her
- Thinks outside the box and loves innovation
- Self-reflective and improves a little every day
Is a Team player
- Is a clear communicator. You care about whether the other person understood, not just what they said
- Shows empathy: You care and don’t just throw the ball over the fence
- Makes an effort to gel and bond with the team
About the role
As a GDPR Consultant you’ll examine business, user, partner and third-party information to ensure the information and data is protected and handled in a secure and compliant manner.
Your role is to identify platform and business improvements required by GDPR, ensure they are documented and implemented, and promote GDPR best practice throughout the organization. We’re looking for an expert who can take a project from fact-finding through to documenting and briefing change within our teams.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Expert knowledge of data protection and privacy specifically GDPR and ePrivacy
- Knowledge or experience of local data protection laws
- Experience working web-based marketplaces and e-commerce
- Experience on carrying gap analysis of current levels of data protection compliance and assessing their preparedness for the GDPR
- Data protection impact assessment (DPIA) knowledge and the procedures surrounding this
- Ability to take an assertive approach with colleagues, manage a wide variety of different tasks, and meet tight deadlines set by internal stakeholders
- Ability to install a data protection culture within the organization (data processing, data subjects’ rights, data protection design/default, security processing, data breaches)
- A broad knowledge of information security, risk management and corporate governance
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to create clear processes and documentation
And you’ll be:
- Self-motivated and with strong management skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment; must be a team player
We are based in the bustling heart of London; Soho.
Our cool co-working space offers you coffee, snacks and beer on tap, breakfast on Mondays and Happy Hour on Thursdays.
What should you do next?
If you feel this is the right role for you, please submit your CV and cover letter.