Product Designer (UI/UX)
at Geckoboard in London
Geckoboard makes it easy for people to create beautiful TV dashboards showing their most important business metrics. To help us continue to improve our product we’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our team.
There are two major challenges ahead of us: we want it to be easier for our customers to get their data into Geckoboard, and we want our customers to create dashboards so good that people will think they’d been professionally designed. Our greatest achievement is building a great product that makes our users successful.
Based in our London office, you’ll be joining our engineers, designers and product managers who work in small collaborative teams, taking a lean approach to developing and iterating on features. We’re obsessed with deeply understanding our users and the problems they face so we discover the best solutions.
Our Product Designers own the entire end-to-end design process, from early stage user research through to detailed interaction design. Following on from daily standup, the average day will depend where we are at with a product or a feature. Jack, one of our Product Designers, shares thoughts and experiences about designing at Geckoboard on our blog, Under The Hood: https://medium.com/geckoboard-under-the-hood/design-at-geckoboard-jacks-story-3eb2a86a8027
As our Product Designer:
- You’ll see new features through from beginning to end: research, ideation, iteration, prototyping, testing, launching, evaluating.
- You’ll conduct user research and usability testing to help us better understand the reasons that people use Geckoboard.
- You’ll use research and work closely with Product Managers to shape ideas for features and updates that will improve Geckoboard for our users.
- You will sketch and prototype ideas to test viability and explore how a solution feels, as well as working on detailed interactions in high-fidelity.
- You will lead workshops with the team to explore problems, build a shared understanding, and generate ideas.
- You will iterate on concepts based on feedback from the whole team.
- You’ll work with the other members of the design team to provide and gather feedback and help improve how we design at Geckoboard.
- You will work closely with engineers as they build and ship your designs.
You should apply if:
- You have a passion for building products users love!
- You measure the quality of your work by the impact it has for real users.
- You balance speed with quality, explain your rationale as well as the trade-offs, and prototype at the appropriate fidelity to communicate a solution.
- You facilitate great design: whether that means pairing with front-end developers, running workshops, or working with other designers to improve our processes.
- You’re happy to get hands on; be it user research or prototyping a design using whatever tool is right for the job.
- You have experience working on digital products, apps or large-scale design systems, not just websites.
The Geckoboard Story
Thousands of businesses use Geckoboard to build live TV Dashboards that focus teams on what matters. We take the complexity out of connecting data and make it simple for anyone to understand key metrics at a glance. We have pre-built integrations with 60+ tools including Google Analytics, Salesforce, Zendesk, Intercom and Google Sheets and our customers include Marketo, Slack, and Skyscanner.
In our mission to make data useful, our growing team 35+ is headquartered in London and spans across eight time zones – from Mumbai to London, San Francisco to Hawaii and more. We’re always looking for people with diverse backgrounds who bring unique perspectives and skills to join our team and in return we constantly strive to ensure that we offer the most encouraging, inclusive, and efficient environment possible.
We don’t just pay lip service to work-life balance, we actively and strongly encourage it. Flexible working hours and the ability to regularly work from home lets you work in a way that fits you and your family. We see our contractual obligation to offer 25 days of paid holiday as a minimum for everyone in the organisation, not a limit.
We actively contribute to professional development, courses, conferences, and books. Our Engineering & Product team also run fortnightly “Innovation Wednesdays”, where everyone has complete freedom to work on anything that interests them, from contributing to open source, to learning a new skill, or improving our internal tools and processes.
And, don’t take our word for it, see what the team say about the projects they work on: https://medium.com/geckoboard-under-the-hood and their experience of working with us on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Geckoboard-Reviews-E878996.htm. You can also read more about our values and benefits on our Careers page at https://www.geckoboard.com/careers/.
Recent jobs at Geckoboard
- Backend (Golang) Developers at Geckoboard at Geckoboard in London 16-11-2017
- Growth Marketing Manager - SEO / CRO at Geckoboard in London 24-01-2018