at Recombix in London
(₤45000 - ₤65000 per year)
Do you enjoy challenging your comfort zone and learning new skills? Do you like applying innovative thinking and using the latest cutting-edge tech to solve problems? Have you got the ability to take ownership and lead on projects? If yes, keep reading!
Recombix is an early stage, energetic and fast-growing tech startup working on solving interesting technical problems using cutting-edge tech. We pride ourselves on the high quality of our work and our clients love us for it.
We help our clients to solve challenging problems and test the viability of their ideas using real-world data. Often this means writing software, building web and mobile apps, setting up DevOps infrastructure, integrating with internal data sources and external APIs, and a whole bunch more.
Recent client projects have included chatbots built on Node.js and MongoDB to help diagnose allergies in partnership with a FTSE100 company, crowd-sourcing news stories in Africa, and answering customer support queries using NLP. We’ve also built complex web apps using frontend frameworks such as React and Vue.js, hybrid mobile apps using Cordova, and a real-time GPS logistics system for a vintage Routemaster tour operator.
Our latest homegrown product is Voxis, an Automated DevOps platform that takes the concept of “serverless” infrastructure and automates away the complexity of configuring and managing microservice clusters. And this year we are raising our next investment round to take us to the next level.
- A growth mindset and open to new ideas
- Strong proficiency in Node.js
- HTML 5, CSS 3, SASS/LESS
- Familiarity with relational databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL/SQL Server/etc)
- Familiarity with document databases (MongoDB)
- Continuous deployment
- Automated testing
- Solid understanding of how to build APIs and RESTful microservices
- Exposure to agile/scrum environments
- Degree in computer science (or equivalent industry experience)
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with at least one other language (Go/Elixir/PHP/C#/Java/etc)
- Understanding of containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes/etc)
- Comfortable working with task queues and message brokers (Celery/RabbitMQ/etc)
- Understanding of functional programming concepts and serverless architecture
- Deliver client projects to spec, on time, and under budget.
- Frontend/backend development.
- Evaluating and choosing technologies appropriate to project requirements.
- Taking the lead on projects and managing team sprints.
- Liaising with clients to gather requirements and provide them with progress updates.
- Providing bug fixes and client support for live software.
- Guiding and training junior members of the team.
- To create more value in the world than you consume.
- To always be pushing yourself, learning new things, and growing.
- 22 days paid holiday + 8 bank holidays P.A.
- Top of the line 15” MacBook Pro + external display + any other kit you need.
- Awesome, modern office space at WeWork Moorgate (right next to Moorgate tube station).
- Unlimited free tea/coffee/hot-chocolate/beer/cider.
- Free breakfast on Mondays.
- Games room with ping pong + pool tables.
- Bike room + showers.
- On-site massages, haircuts, parties, and events.
- We are a social bunch – we enjoy weekly team beers after work.
- Flexible working hours.
- Pension scheme.
Please provide Josh with:
1. A short introduction – what makes you a good developer?
2. A copy of your CV.
3. Example work, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.
Regrettably we are unable to sponsor visas or work with remote candidates at this stage.
No remote only
No visa sponsorship
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.