at Repositive in Cambridge
(₤45000 - ₤60000 per year)
Repositive is changing the way genetics researchers discover and interact with human DNA data. Data access is difficult and time consuming, a bottleneck for advances in cancer and genetic diseases research. Our ambition is to empower and enable our users to build a strong community around finding, accessing and sharing genomic data.
We are looking for a motivated enthusiastic finance manager to lead the preparation of statutory and regulatory accounts. As a start-up we require someone to continue to develop management accounts including board packs and provide finance business partnering for our growing team.
- Manage and produce Statutory Accounts and Tax returns including corporation Tax and VAT to agree deadlines.
- Develop core financial accounting policies.
- Ensure that reporting requirements and submissions are accurate and adhere to agreed timelines (i.e. National Statistics, insurance data, cash flow forecasting).
- Manage bank accounts to ensure they are reconciled within agreed deadlines.
You should have:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a qualified accountant.
- Experience in developing management accounts.
- Experience in finance and business partnering.
- A strong technical ability including competent understanding of UK and IFRS GAAP.
- A proven track record of working in an accounting environment.
- Experience in the production of Statutory and Tax accounting.
- Knowledge of Xero and/other finance systems.
You are also:
- An excellent communicator, you must be able to effectively communicate across all levels of the business to resolve issues and improve processes relating to finance.
- A problem solver, you must have the ability to problem solve escalations in relation to the production of accounts whilst looking at the wider business impacts and opportunities for process improvements.
- Meticulous, you must be able to ensure that fundamental issues are addressed to avoid repeat occurrences.
You will get:
Personal development- Conferences and workshops, huddles and hackathons. We like learning.
25 days holiday- Plus UK public holidays. Use them up.
Stretch Yourself- Try, fail fast. We have an insatiable appetite for innovation and playful experimentation.
Social troop- Sometimes we head to the pub, other times the climbing wall. We are an inclusive and tight-knit team.
First-rate perk days- Last time we went go-karting, other trips have included the zoo and a boat trip.
A balance- wellbeing’s not just for Christmas; we always maintain a healthy balance of work, play and recharge time.
Who we are:
A young, friendly and enthusiastic team made up of genomics scientists, designers and developers. We have a flat organization structure and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact from ideas you contribute and contacts you make. We support Open Source and Open Science initiatives, and we consider the impact of our decisions not only on shareholders but also on employees, customers, suppliers, community and the environment.
Recent jobs at Repositive
- Junior Web Developer at Repositive in Cambridge 12-06-2016
- Lead Front-end Engineer at Repositive in Cambridge 12-06-2016
- Lead Back-end Engineer at Repositive in Cambridge 30-08-2017
- Front-end Web Developer at Repositive in Cambridge 30-08-2017
- Lead Product Designer at Repositive in Cambridge 05-09-2017
- Back-end engineer at Repositive in Cambridge 24-11-2017
- Scrum Master at Repositive in Cambridge 23-01-2018
- DevOps Engineer at Repositive in Cambridge 29-01-2018
- Junior Product Manager at Repositive in Cambridge 29-01-2018