QA Engineer (with Python)
at BMLL Technologies in London
We are looking for a passionate Quality Assurance specialist. You will be part of one of our agile teams and responsible for manual and automated testing, and improving existing QA processes for our AWS based platform and large database of financial data.
ROLE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
We expect you to be an experienced tester – at mid/senior engineer level – with a track record of designing, building and delivering QA solutions in various phases of testing on a distributed network environment. You are familiar with context driven testing and exploratory testing. It will be an advantage if you have experience of working with financial data but it is not a requirement. A passion for agile testing, a willingness to be hands on and a drive to build efficient test systems is key.
You will be working with one other QA Engineer within our development team. Your primary role will be ensuring quality of product releases by manual and automation testing. You will be working on testing of:
- Financial data sets from global exchanges
- Data and AWS API functions
- Web GUIs and Python applications using Jupyter notebooks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – REQUIRED
- Considerable experience of manual and automation testing in Agile Scrum teams (as a guide, we would expect the equivalent of 3 years)
- Experience of design, implement, monitor and fine tune of QA processes
- Experience of writing automation tests in TDD with Python pytest or nose
- Experience of linux for debugging and analysing logs
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent, in a technical or scientific discipline
- Knowledge of relational databases, in particular PostgreSQL
- Experience of web automation using selenium webdriver
- Experience of building or contributing to test automation frameworks in Python.
- Experience of BDD tools such as behave or cucumber
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – HIGHLY BENEFICIAL
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Experience in high load, real time web applications
- Formal QA certification
- Working with historical market data
- Working with quantitative research platforms
- Knowledge of NOSQL databases, in particular Redis
ABOUT BMLL TECHNOLOGIES
BMLL Technologies is a cloud based marketplace for full depth limit order book data and analytics. BMLL was founded to enable a more efficient value extraction process from these large and complex data set. You can see an overview “here:“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4A-wJsUeR Our comprehensive data coverage includes Equities and Listed Derivatives from the financial markets across the world. We have plans beyond this area to incorporate sports markets and e-commerce amongst others. U Our software and services are used in markets around the globe and around the clock. Our model is unique, our data sets are large and our analytics and systems are cutting edge.
BMLL is a entrepreneurial and high growth FinTech scale-up. BMLL offers a dynamic environment working with big data and cloud based resources for talented and motivated individuals seeking to do something different. BMLL’s team include specialists in software development, research, sales and operations. We encourage and provide opportunities for continuous learning and career development, and offer a challenging, dynamic, collaborative and highly stimulating work environment.
We offer a competitive salary, pension and share options, as well as a wide range of benefits including team lunches, pick your own tech.