at Hardware Pioneers in London
(₤22000 - ₤25000 per year)
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Event Manager to join our fast-paced team in London to support in delivering a wide range of events at exceptional level.
The Event Manager will take ownership of the event programme for both planning and execution. Your main responsibilities will be:
- To plan and execute our monthly conferences and workshops in London and Munich.
- To attend each event organised, ensuring professional delivery on site.
- To deliver exceptional client service across a stakeholder map of senior leaders.
- To manage relationships with existing partners and identify new partnerships opportunities.
- To manage the company Marketing channels (Newsletter and Social Media) and implement new strategies to grow the Hardware Pioneers community.
- To work closely with the team to provide help and support where needed.
REQUIREMENTS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- A positive and confident attitude is a must.
- Great project management and organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Proven experience in managing and promoting events.
- Fluent English with excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail.
- Outgoing, pro-active and energetic with a can-do attitude.
- Reliable and with a self-starter attitude.
- Team player who is willing to be flexible in supporting the team and business objectives.
- Must be able to attend events during evenings twice a month.
- Rock-solid confidence when speaking in front of a big crowd.
- Previous experience in event management, community management and/or marketing.
WHY WORK WITH US
- You will grow your expertise in Event Management and Marketing with opportunities to take on bigger responsibilities in a short period of time.
- As we are a small team you will have the unique opportunity to work everyday directly with the founders in a very fast-paced environment. You will gain precious insights from the development of an early stage media company focusing on technology and community events.
- You will work from one of the finest London’s startup spaces, Cocoon Networks, located between Old Street technology hub and the heart of the City.
ABOUT HARDWARE PIONEERS
Hardware Pioneers is the largest IoT-hardware community in Europe, counting more than 8,000 members as of today.
Our mission is to connect, educate and inspire pioneers from all over the world to build a smarter tomorrow through connected hardware and IoT technologies.
Our community is formed mainly by startup founders, technical decision makers, engineers and developers all working in the connected hardware and IoT sector.
We run our own branded events (conferences, trade shows and technology workshops) in partnership with leading technology providers such as Intel, Samsung, Microsoft, IBM, Sony and Amazon to name a few.
We are a small team with big ambitions. This year we are launching our first chapter outside the UK, in Munich, and we are planning to launch new chapters in Europe and US soon.
If you think this is the opportunity you were looking for send us your CV and let us know why you believe you would be ideal for this role.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.