PR Officer Internship
at Carl Friedrik in London
About Carl Friedrik
Carl Friedrik is building an online-first luxury brand for the 21st century professional. Dominated by large, traditional companies, the luxury industry is ripe for a change.
We’re a small and fast-growing company, offering a new luxury experience, focussed on high-end accessories at affordable prices with great service. We leverage technology and data to build a business that can move faster than traditional retail companies.
About the role
We are looking for a hands-on person to work alongside the founders in developing and managing Carl Friedrik’s in-house PR function. You will be instrumental to our PR by shaping key messaging, building relationships with journalists and driving coverage for the brand.
This is a unique opportunity for a PR internship, you will quickly be given significant responsibility of our PR activities. Your work will have a direct impact on Carl Friedrik’s success.
What you will do
- Manage day-to-day PR activities (press outreach, build relationships with journalists).
- Along with the founders, review and refine the brands communication plan.
- Explore new PR ideas and channels.
- Write press, blog and social media stories.
- Shape and refine the Carl Friedrik messaging and tone.
We’re looking for a talented and highly motivated candidate to join our small, high-powered team. In particular, we are looking for:
- Strong communicator (written and verbal): You will communicate frequently with key press and write various types of content.
- Passionate: You’re passionate about your role, spreading the word, and telling our story.
- Proactive: You act without being told what to do and have the ability to self-handedly push new projects.
- Creative: You express creativity in your approach to problem solving. You always ask if there’s a better way to do something.
- Performance driven: You’re motivated by your results and proactively search for new PR opportunities.
- You’ve graduated from a PR, communication, business or fashion degree from a top tier university/school OR are in the middle of one and are looking for a placement.
- You have previous experience and results to demonstrate your skills.
- You have experience from a PR role in a relevant agency, fashion brand or startup.
- Paid internship.
- Duration: 4 months.
- Central London location (Hoxton).