at Unitu in London
(₤29000 - ₤32000 per year)
We are on a mission to provide 2 million UK students the opportunity to be heard and see positive educational change as a result of speaking up and using their voice through our software.
With 10 institutions and 30,000+ student’s already using Unitu, we’ve only just begun.
As a small start up, backed by Jisc, now is the perfect opportunity for a self-driven, talented individual like yourself, to gain significant professional growth and to create massive and immediate impact towards our mission.
Your mission as a Software Engineer at Unitu is to innovate our product, solve complex challenges our users are facing and ensure our product road map is focused towards creating massive value to our customers and users.
You will come across so much variety in our development process that you’ll constantly feel challenged and excited.
How We Work
You will produce systems that go to live in rapid iterations and see how your development work can impact our business. We have a clear strategy, and we ensure this is underpinned by a clear tech roadmap and delivery plan. You will be instrumental in shaping the technology architecture and creating the 2 weekly sprint plans for delivery and implementation.
Our Unitu team operates pretty much a flat structure and encourages a healthy environment for ideas, solutions and we ensure we challenge one another as we seek out the best ways of doing things. We work in a customised Kanban process to transform quarterly backlogs into deliverable 2-3 sprints of work items.
As the lead developer, you will be instrumental in making sure the business goals are aligned with the developer work items.
- Build and iterate current and new features on both web and mobile apps
- Build and maintain a new cross web application
- Translate product roadmaps into solution architectures, and deliver on those architectures
- Implement unit tests, integration tests and end-end tests.
GOOD TECHNICAL STUFF TO HAVE:
- Full Stack Skills (incl mobile dev)
- Experience with relational databases
- Agile experience with Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with Web APIs and creating integrations between apps
OTHER KEY ATTRIBUTES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience in managing software projects
- Good communication skills in English
- Capable and experienced in working with the business on strategic planning
- Self-directed and excited to learn new technologies
- Flexible working hours, including working remotely
- High level of autonomy
- 21 days of paid vacation
- Annual Salary Increase (10%+)
- Professional Development Training Credits (10 Days/£1.5K)
- Annual Performance Bonus
Apply For Role
Please submit an application with your full name as the subject, your cover letter in the main body and CV attached to email@example.com.
Links to any online resources that would flesh out your application are very welcome.
We’ll get back to you about your application ASAP and the process will usually look like this:
- A brief initial phone interview (15-20 mins)
- A follow-up interview (1-2 hrs) with the CTO and CEO
- The whole process should take no longer than 10 days depending on your availability.