at GrowthIntel in London
We’re looking for a Data Scientist (to work in Python) to join our team at GrowthIntel and help us build and refine our unique Machine Learning platform – helping businesses grow faster and become data-driven by optimising B2B trade.
Working at GrowthIntel you’ll:
- Build machine learning / AI models in Python to predict and optimise B2B trade
- Work with a huge variety of rich datasets – including unstructured web crawled data, messy customer data and structured financial / firmographic data
- Build NLP models to better understand the economy
- Develop new product propositions using our core data – including behavioral and value prediction
As part of our team you’ll quickly find you’re contributing work that is used to solve real customer problems. We’ll support and encourage you in your career and help you to develop your data science skills e.g. reading and discussing relevant research, prototyping new ideas and presenting at conferences such as PyData.
We’re a friendly group with a broad range of experience – we put emphasis on sharing knowledge, collaboration and supporting each other in personal growth.
You will be able to work across our data science stack:
- Primarily in Python (pandas, scikit-learn, numpy, Jupyter notebooks)
- Using Apache Spark to process many terabytes of web crawled data
- Leveraging cloud computing via AWS
- Using and enhancing our internal data science toolkit
What we’re looking for:
- You’ve had at least two years of experience as a data scientist in a commercial environment
- You’re a collaborator and have experience working on cross-functional projects
- You have experience in data analysis, predictive modelling and analysing performance
- You’ve worked in the Python data science stack and with various data stores
- You’re a native or fluent English speaker
- You are based in / can relocate to London
It’d be great if:
- You had a higher degree (such as an MSc or a PhD) in a relevant discipline (eg Data Science, Machine Learning, Bioinformatics, Statistics)
- You’re familiar with software engineering e.g. OOP
- You’ve worked with cloud computing platforms in the past (eg AWS, Azure)
- Working in a friendly team, passionate about technology and data science
- Health and dental cover
- £1000 / year training budget (e.g. to attend conferences / courses)
- 25 days leave (increasing with time working with us) + public holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Meals, games nights, outings and parties with the team
- Hack-days every 6 weeks
- Great location – Highbury and Islington – a fun, friendly co-working office space in a converted book-binding warehouse
- Free breakfasts every fortnight
- Free drinks at our all-hands every two weeks
GrowthIntel is a VC-funded AI technology company based in London. We’re the only UK company building a machine learning platform to power B2B marketing in the UK’s largest companies. We’ve been around for six years, with a team of 10 people, including six on the technical team.
GrowthIntel is dedicated to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Recent jobs at GrowthIntel
- Experienced Software Developer (Python) at GrowthIntel in London 24-07-2017
- Data Engineer (Python) at GrowthIntel in London 16-04-2018