at BLACKBX in Edinburgh
BLACKBX is a fast growing, founder lead SaaS startup based in Leith, Edinburgh. Incorporated in 2015, we grew by 400% in 2017 and this year – with your help – we’re going to beat that.
A big part of last year’s success has been thanks to our channel partnerships, so to achieve our ambitions for 2018 and beyond we’re looking for a dedicated Partner/Channel Manager.
We’re on a mission to help brick & mortar businesses harness, and benefit from the power of customer data while at the same time giving their customers a superior WiFi experience. We’re working hard to build a company together and want someone who will share this vision and help us achieve it.
As our Partner/Channel Manager you will play a fundamental role in achieving our partner acquisition and revenue growth objectives for 2018.
BLACKBX is a Guest WiFi solution for hospitality businesses like stadiums, hotels, bars/pubs and restaurants that provides a quick, easy and non-intrusive way for their customers to get online. By submitting their information to get online, the business is able to collect customer data which can be used to increase visit frequency, dwell time and spend per head; together with our marketing automation feature and integrations is a true, value add solution that provides brick and mortar businesses the ability to understand who their customers are, how often they visit and where they’ve come from. In summary, we give offline businesses access to (and the tool to benefit from) customer data.
The BLACKBX solution is a perfect addition to any IT Service Provider and MSP’s catalogue of products. It is inexpensive, simple to deploy and easy to manage remotely on existing WiFi infrastructure (Ubiquiti UniFi, Cisco Meraki, Open Mesh, LigoWave, IgniteNet) and has high margin potential.
How you’ll fit in
Our ideal MSP is an IT/Telecoms services provider who provide hospitality and retail businesses with fixed lines & WiFi infrastructure and can sell our product into their existing customer base, and use it as a tool for ‘land and expand’ initiatives. The number of businesses who they can sell it to is large; almost any business that offers guest WiFi in any form can, and will get value from the BLACKBX solution so the opportunity for MSP’s to make quick, easy and recurring revenue is huge!
We need you to win, maintain, and expand relationships with channel partners and you’ll be responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives.
- 20% Inbound – Manage all inbound partner opportunities generated by Marketing
- 80% Outbound – Identify, reach out and bring on board new channel partners
- Work with Marketing team to attract new channel partners
- Set up new channel partners and oversee the on-boarding process
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in all partner accounts
- Work closely with sales teams within channel partners to train and advise
- Work on cross selling opportunities within the channel partners
- Sell through partner organisations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources where required
- Address issues and areas for improvement within partners and coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support and management resources in order to meet partner performance objectives and expectations
- Contribute to partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives across channel partners
- Monthly reporting on sales KPI’s within channel partners
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Drive adoption of BLACKBX product processes among channel partners
- Manage potential conflict within channels
- Help define and enforce channel rules of engagement
- Maintaining meticulous CRM records with particular focus to partner agreements
- Ensure partner compliance with partner agreements
- Mindful of expenses – We are a startup so knowing when it is worthwhile to visit a partner/prospect partner face to face and when to do over the phone is crucial
- Comfortable making dozens of calls per day when in the office to generate interest, qualify prospects and bring on new partners
- Energetic and driven to succeed
- Experienced in time and priority management
- Flexible approach to work – sometimes you may need to stay late and travel within the UK
- Persistent – Helping a new partner realise the full potential of reselling our software can take time. Coming on board may not be their number 1 priority and it will be your job to help them realise that it is!
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with partners
- Own transport advantageous
- 3+ years experience driving channel sales
- Proven ability to bring on new partners and manage existing ones
- Experience with task based CRM like Hubspot, SalesForce etc.
- Strong history of meeting and exceeding targets
- Experience driving channel sales within the WiFi/Network industry
- Existing network within the industry
What’s in It for You
- Work in an energetic, dynamic and fast paced environment based in Leith
- Macbook Pro & Apple accessories
- 33 total days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Workplace pension
- Juice, snacks and the other stuff you’d expect from working at a tech startup
- Base salary dependant on experience
- Competitive OTE commission (uncapped)
How to apply
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter explaining why you’re a good fit for this role!