at Gendius in Alderley Edge
(₤35000 per year)
We are Gendius, our mission is to ensure that people ‘live well’ with their diabetes. We use technology to improve the outcomes for people with diabetes by helping and supporting them to lead healthier, more active lives. Using our Intellin app platform we are empowering, inspiring and guiding people to reach their goals. We work closely with people who suffer from diabetes, and healthcare professionals and experts in the field.
Having closed a round of funding, we’re seeking a UI designer who can draw our artwork and help define our brand. The chosen candidate would be working primarily with our lead developer on the app but would also contribute to the website and perhaps print media too. We’re at an early stage so you will have an excellent opportunity to guide and influence the direction we take in our mission to improve people’s lives.
We see this role being extremely important to our growth and direction. For the first year or so, this candidate will create and drive the branding guidelines for Intellin, guiding user-testing and forums to gauge app usability and helping the team get Intellin to the MVP stage for a successful EU launch. Beyond year one, as well as a continued push towards emerging design and UX changes, we would like this candidate to help prepare iterations of the app that will benefit different segments of the patient base.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested or have any questions.
- Experience as a UI/UX designer, especially for consumer apps.
- Experience of having worked closely with developers.
- Following and creating design trends is a keen interest.
- Expertise in an appropriate art package such as Adobe suite.
- UK work permit and right of residency.
- Working in an agile, iterative methodology.
- UX experience – wireframing and sketching.
- User flow expertise, especially with consumer-facing apps.
- Any understanding of CSS/HTML would be a huge benefit.
- Some experience with having used health-based apps (such as Fitbit) would be good to have.
We’re based in Alderley Park which is a large, modern building not far from Manchester. On-site benefits include:
- Grounds on which to run/walk.
- Shop, restaurant and coffeeshop.
- Shuttle bus to Macclesfield and Alderley Edge train stations.
- Plenty of car and bike parking space.
Recent jobs at Gendius
- Front-end/React developer at Gendius in Alderley Edge 11-01-2018