at MyTutor in London
MyTutor makes learning personal
MyTutor is the UK’s leading online platform for one-to-one learning, and we’re on a mission to empower every pupil with the expertise they need to reach their potential. Through our highly-engaged tutor community and smart, interactive Online Lesson Space, we envision a future where any student can access high quality one-to-one support.
With the growing demand for personalised education, tutoring has become a £2bn market in the UK alone. Against this backdrop, MyTutor has become one of the fastest-growing and best-funded EdTech businesses in Europe and we’re on our way to revolutionising the tutoring landscape. To date, we’ve worked with over 10,000 families, 150+ schools and raised over £5m from a mix of respected institutional and angel investors.
About The Role
We’re a friendly team of 20+ in a shared office in Old Street. Some of the team have joined from Barclays, BCG, Goldman Sachs, Just Eat, JustGiving and General Assembly, and as a whole we’re proactive, close-knit and easy to get along with.
You’ll lead website UX/UI design, working closely with our product, front-end and marketing teams, to continue the development of our website and App.
MyTutor has four main user types (parents, students, tutors, school teachers). We identify user problems using a mixture of data, research and our own understanding. The UI/UX design should continue to solve for these problems, for all user types and translate them into elegant, website-ready designs.
- User exploratory research
- Working with data and user insights
- Running design sprints
- Wireframing designs
- User testing
- Producing website-ready designs
- Incorporating the brand design guidelines
- Analysing and iterating on designs
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience in UX/UI design
- An excellent eye for quality design. You should be able to recognize a good UX and be able to clearly articulate where it excels or fails
- Good at solving complex UX problems and creating exceptional interfaces
- Flexibility with design to cater for SEO and development considerations
- Fun to work with and enjoys being part of a fast-paced team
- Can prioritise and allocate the appropriate resource to a project
- Experience & understanding of Zeplin preferred, but not essential
- Competitive salary, commission and option package
- Work with smart and motivated people from Goldman Sachs, Barclays, BCG, JustEat, Adzuna, The Hut Group and General Assembly
- Helping to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of young people
- Opportunity to work autonomously and make use of your creative flair
- Tuesday Breakfasts, Friday drinks and regular team events & outings
- 24 days holiday (plus public holidays)
What We’re Building
We have handpicked the best tutors from across the UK and built the world’s most advanced online learning space to empower schools, universities and parents to give every student access to the one-to-one support they deserve. We harness our tutor’s recent experience, subject passion, and up-to-date academic knowledge to inspire secondary school pupils and help them achieve better results.
Our use of data, including a matching algorithm driven by machine learning, helps us to optimise matches based on personality, aspirations and areas of expertise. Our fast-growing relationships with secondary schools across the UK are enabling us to build a trusted brand that parents can depend on.
Recent jobs at MyTutor
- SEO Lead at MyTutor in London 04-01-2018
- Account Coordinator at MyTutor in London 18-01-2018
- Tutor Onboarding Coordinator at MyTutor in London 22-01-2018
- Business Development Manager at MyTutor in London 31-01-2018
- Head of Sales at MyTutor in London 31-01-2018
- ✮✮✮ All-rounder internship ✮✮✮ at MyTutor in London 03-02-2018
- Consumer Sales Lead at MyTutor in London 12-02-2018